Execute SHAC scene from key input

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by kojobomb, Jan 27, 2022.

1. kojobomb

kojobomb

What is the easiest way to execute scene levels from a key input??
    Scenes are built in the SHAC but now i want to initiate these scenes also from a keyed input.
    is there a simpler way than scripting?

kojobomb, Jan 27, 2022
  2. kojobomb

Ashley

When you create a scene you assign a trigger group and action selector to it. To trigger the scene from a switch you just need to trigger this action selector. For switches with scenes, create an empty scene with the same trigger group/action selector and then assign a switch to that scene.

Ashley, Jan 27, 2022
  3. kojobomb

kojobomb

Thank you Ashley, here is my confusion.
    In my SHAC I have a GA "Local,Trigger Control,All Workshop Scene" with 3 Action selectors "On" "Ambient" and "Off" from the visualization I can trigger these action selectors fine.
    Now when I'm back in Toolkit and I want to trigger these action selectors from a keyed input there is no access back to the SHAC group addresses. Am I not importing from SHAC to Toolkit correctly???
    If I export CGL from toolkit to the SHAC group addresses appear in the SHAC but how do I get GA's to appear in toolkit?
    Or am I missing something?

kojobomb, Feb 2, 2022
  4. kojobomb

gte242

Just checking the obvious that you are clicking this button to export the cgl from SHAC

upload_2022-2-2_20-3-5.png
    and then in toolkit you click the import cgl file.

upload_2022-2-2_20-4-49.png

You can always check the cgl file and open it up in notepad to check they have exported.

Hope this helps.

gte242, Feb 2, 2022
  5. kojobomb

kojobomb

Yes gte242 I have been exporting cgl from SHAC and importing cgl into toolkit.
    SHOULD all SHAC ga's be visible in toolkit after importing? If so then export/import is not happening correctly.

kojobomb, Feb 2, 2022
  6. kojobomb

Ashley

Open toolkit and in the left panel go to local network/applications/trigger control and make sure the triggers are visible there. If not they are not being imported properly.

If they are there, you are doing something wrong in setting up the switch.

Ashley, Feb 2, 2022
  7. kojobomb

kojobomb

Ok so I have a problem, when exporting and importing cgl from SHAC to Toolkit, Irrigation ga, Coolmaster A/C ga all come across but not any trigger control ga.
    where am I going wrong

trigger controls transfer across to SHAC but not in reverse

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    kojobomb, Feb 3, 2022
  8. kojobomb

Ashley

I just tried it and it doesn't work for me either. I always create things in toolkit then import them to the SHAC so I haven't encountered that problem before. I looked at the .cgl file (it's actually JSON) and the data is in it correctly, so for some reason toolkit is ignoring it.

I then created a blank toolkit project and imported the cgl file into this project and the new trigger groups were imported fine, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

I suggest from now on just create the groups in toolkit and import them into the SHAC

Ashley, Feb 3, 2022
Ask a Question