Exchange community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarylMc, Aug 16, 2017.

1. DarylMc

DarylMc

I tried to log into Schneider Electric forum to learn more about the new Wiser Automation controller as per Daniel's post.
    I registered but it would not let me in.
    I'd like to add that I could not reply to your post to tell you that Daniel.

DarylMc, Aug 16, 2017
  2. DarylMc

DarylMc

Maybe you don't have any say Daniel but if that is how Schneider wants to handle the release of their latest product
    They have gone from hero to zero in my opinion.
    It would be better if you never posted the link.
    I've been supportive of the gadget because it seemed a huge step forward for CBus.
    I'm not now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
    DarylMc, Aug 16, 2017
  3. DarylMc

DarylMc

Does anyone really think they could make more money from Clipsal CBus because it became a closed system?
    Where even the information how it works is some secret.

DarylMc, Aug 16, 2017
  4. DarylMc

DarylMc

Or even information about products is hidden from people who use it.
    A new product release is nice.
    Not so cool if it is hidden from long term users

DarylMc, Aug 16, 2017
  5. DarylMc

rikaussie

All very strange, I'm really keen to get hold of a device with both serial and ethernet in one.

rikaussie, Aug 18, 2017
  6. DarylMc

rhamer

If you registered, why can't you see the information?
    Do you need to be approved by a moderator or something first?

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 19, 2017
  7. DarylMc

DarylMc

Maybe
    I was just getting cranky it didn't work right away.

Have you heard of EcoXpert Program?
    I hope they don't try and keep everyone else out.

DarylMc, Aug 19, 2017
  8. DarylMc

rhamer

Nope, has anyone?
    Does it work now?

I've just about given up on C-Bus, Schneider have completely stuffed it.
    I no longer recommend it or promote it.

The future is here http://www.diginet.net.au/commercial-lighting-control/

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 19, 2017
  9. DarylMc

DarylMc

DarylMc, Aug 19, 2017
  10. DarylMc

jboer

People might remember the Platinum and Approved ect Installer schemes?

Basically with Schneider, they have changed the schemes to be centered around 'Eco' (To help with marketing I would imagine) and there are a number of streams that you can go down and be apart of.

If you go to a training course now and you want to go through the process you will become a part of the new scheme. I don't know about existing people, but we did get invited to move across, this does involve going to seminars and product information events though. If you are interested, all I could suggest would be to talk to your sales rep.

jboer, Aug 19, 2017
  11. DarylMc

jboer

jboer, Aug 19, 2017
  12. DarylMc

rhamer

And why would that be?

rhamer, Aug 19, 2017
  13. DarylMc

jboer

I don't want to hijack this thread so if you would like to chat about this more in depth please feel free to PM me or we could put it in another thread.

While I totally agree and even spec DALI myself for the right use and install, I have spent so many hours and so much time with it that I don't love it, especially 100% DALI systems.

I have many installs where there is a Ballast or Driver (from brands such as Phillips or Tridonic) that the transmit gets stuck or something happens and it will just hold the line down, or start yelling over the top. This takes so much time and effort to find and replace.

DALI by its nature is very slow, and (like C-Bus) is a command based protocol. This means that it can have very obvious propagation delays. Forget it if you would like to do any decent 'live' stuff with it.

It is a great protocol, for basic automation and for installation by 'untrained' installers. However also because of that, again the issues you can have due to the fact that it is a comms bus that is capable of being run with twin TPS and with 240v means that you do get some pretty lazy and bad stuff happening with installs. At least with a dedicated comms bus that uses different cabling it is more likely (not always, but more often than not in my experience) that a little more care is taken with the install.

Feedback is important in this day and age and again while often it works at commisioning stage, I have not seen many systems where 3 years later the feedback system is being used as it was envisioned due to ballasts not responding anymore or the ability of the users to maintain such a system.

I personally think that in a basic commercial install where people want the option of re-organising a floor, or light harvesting it is great. Other than that, I see so much money getting wasted by people putting in large DALI systems, that turn on at 100% in the morning, and off at night with large maintenance costs.

I do hope to be surprised soon with a DALI system that works as advertised after 5 years or even out of the box (like C-Bus) but unfortunately that day has not come yet.

jboer, Aug 19, 2017
  14. DarylMc

DarylMc

jboer
    I also remember Clipsal relented and made Wiser more available.
    Which probably did a bit of a disservice to the original Wiser product reputation.
    Just like the original Wiser the new one is completely useless without good setup.

If Schneider wants to promote the new Wiser Automation controller and breathe new life into existing CBus products then I think here on this forum would be a good place to at least start explaining how they plan to go about it.

The new Wiser Automation controller looks like a good thing but on this forum information has been very hard to come by.

Many years ago people dreamed of advanced setup without software but instead via web interface.
    New Wiser Automation Controller has that and it is a shame for so many CBus users to be left out of the loop.
    Even if their only option is to go through EcoXpert channels.
    How would they even know that with the information available so far?

DarylMc, Aug 19, 2017
  15. DarylMc

jboer

I don't disagree and I am not necessarily promoting EcoXpert, you just asked if anyone had heard of it. And while this forum would be a fantastic place to have more official stuff on it, as there are the 'official' channels that probably wont happen.

jboer, Aug 20, 2017
  16. DarylMc

DarylMc

Thanks for the info jboer.

DarylMc, Aug 20, 2017
  17. DarylMc

Matthew

+1

Matthew, Aug 20, 2017
  18. DarylMc

NickD Moderator

Hi Daryl,

It's unfortunate this ended up wasting your time...

I'm as eager as you for there to be information about the new products on the web for all to see, and I can assure you that there is no intention of it being a closed shop.

For various reasons I won't go into, the new Automation Controllers were made available for sale some time ago, but the official launch was not until the last few weeks. Much of this time has been spent preparing all of the launch material, training, etc.

The first place that the material has been made available is via the Exchange Community, which is the primary means of contact with the EcoXpert community.

"EcoXpert" is the name given to Schneider's worldwide integrator accreditation program. It is a replacement for the Clipsal "pointOne", "Platinum" and "Approved Installer" programs, which were the same sort of thing.

I am told that anyone who was a C-Bus pointOne, Platinum, or Approved Installer should have already received an invitation to this. If you are one of these and haven't received such an invitation, please contact your rep.

Much (but probably not all) of this material will also be made available on the public websites, but unfortunately there is some other major work happening behind the scenes on the websites that is slowing the publication of the new stuff.

Thanks for you patience.

Nick

NickD, Aug 21, 2017
  19. DarylMc

jonnyp64

Mate dont give up just yet as i will be ordering one of your gateways in the next week or two!!

jonnyp64, Aug 23, 2017
Ask a Question