Examples of Documenting a design

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Veryrainyday, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Veryrainyday

Veryrainyday

I was wondering if there are any examples of documenting a design that anyone could share (or are available on the Clipsal website). Not so much about the detailed wiring but more around how best to document end user configuration for switches/eDLTs etc, scenes etc to a level I can hand off to my installer.

Veryrainyday, Jan 30, 2016
  2. Veryrainyday

bmerrick

Hi Veryrainyday,

No one's answered you... Just a few items that can get your doco started.

In Toolkit, with your network open in the 'Database' section of 'Units' is a button 'Document Database' that outputs a text file of all your modules and various other parameters such as groups configured etc.

In PICED, for your Wiser, PAC or touch screen project, there is under 'Tools', a tab 'Reports'. Here you will find report creators for 'User Manual', 'Logic Report'-showing/documenting the logic programs in your device and 'Project Summary' which is just that.

There is also a very useful tool 'Save all Screen Images' which is great for documenting a Touch Screen or Homegate project as it easily saves all the menu screens to import into a Word document etc.

The best file for the C-Bus installer is the 'tag database', which holds most of the physical config information about the modules on your C-Bus network. This is in your C-Gate directory under 'tag' sub-directory and is the name of your network with an XML extension. Copy this file and send it too, you can look at it with a text editor to see what it has in it.

I am sure others will probably have more ideas.

All the best,

Brad

bmerrick, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Veryrainyday

rhamer

Many years ago I did some work to generate reports from the toolkit file that may be of some use.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1283

Also if you do a search for "hacking the database" you will get some posts that Daniel made along similar lines.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 11, 2016
Ask a Question