Event triggered script runs all the time with C-Bus Pro Dimmers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by KevinH, Jul 30, 2019.

1. KevinH

KevinH

I have an event based script that I use to populate MQTT topics when groups change state. I trigger this based on a keyword of MQTT , it works really well.

However I've noticed that when I add the 4 channels from a Pro 5A dimmer the script is getting triggered about 10 times per second by every channel ! The on/off state and the level of each channel (group) is not changing - it's just a script trigger. What might cause this ?

I'm going to look at the raw C-Bus traffic to see what's happening there but is it maybe something to do with current reporting on the channels ? It happens when off/0 though too.

I'm also going to look if there's something that might be setting these levels so frequently. I do ramp the channels down to 0 from a script on another Wiser2

edit I am now almost certain something (maybe the Wiser2) is repeatedly setting this to level 0

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    KevinH, Jul 30, 2019
  2. KevinH

KevinH

This was a dim to 0 running continually when a timer exceeded 10 minutes on another Wiser2 controller. It should have only run once. Probably been doing that for last couple of months. Hopefully C-Bus will have a lot more bandwidth now !

KevinH, Jul 31, 2019
  3. KevinH

NickD Moderator

I'm not sure I follow what was going on there but I'm interested to know. Can you please explain in more detail?

What was the excessive traffic? What was sending it? What caused it?

Thanks,

Nick

NickD, Aug 1, 2019
  4. KevinH

KevinH

OK. I already have a Wiser 2 and a script there that on activity from a PIR turns on my floodlights and starts a second timer from 0. If the movement is still detected it keeps zeroing the timer. Then I had an 'if' test that if the timer was >600 seconds the floodlights would be ramped down to 0. This was constantly executing of course after 10 minutes. It should have been a 'once' rather than an 'if'

once TimerTime(2) > 600 then...

The excessive traffic is that the ramp to 0 was being sent every loop of the logic engine - and for 4 different floodlights - creating 20+ messages per second. All my fault ,should have been a single area too.

KevinH, Aug 1, 2019
Ask a Question