Ethernet Touch Panel Configuration

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by pspeirs, Feb 24, 2022.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hi All,

Recently updated the SHAC firmware and thought I'd do the same for the ETP unit. I upgraded successfully from the Schneider kiosk app that runs on the ETP but I found that the settings were all out and so far have not been able to successfully connect again.

After startup, I'm given an option to "set up work device" which seems to e an app called "Signage Service" (a small green icon with a white house).

Click Next and I get to the standard Schneider settings page where I can set the url to the shac and configure username, password, etc. The default url here is pointing to 192.168.0.10 which I changed and saved, now "http://10.1.1.240:8644scada-main"

When running the content, I fond the app is still trying to get to the original IP address and obviously fails.
    What am I missing here?

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, Feb 24, 2022
  2. pspeirs

pspeirs

Correction, http://10.1.1.240/scada-vis

On restarting the unit, I can see that the settings appear to have been saved, at least in terms of the content url. However, when I go to play the content, the window it still trying to connect to te 192.168.0.10 address, which appears to be the default.

Perhaps some configuration is required prior to allowing the app total control over the device?

P

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    pspeirs, Feb 25, 2022
  3. pspeirs

Adam McLeod

Hi Paul,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. The ethernet panel just keeps trying to load 192.168.0.10, no matter what configurations i try. Help please!

Regards
    Adam

Adam McLeod, Mar 3, 2022
  4. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hey Adam,

What were you doing when it happened? Was there a firmware update? I’ve currently got a case with Clipsal but was told by one guy that he hadn’t seen this before and was referring it to someone else. Been a few days, I need to follow up.

pspeirs, Mar 3, 2022
  5. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hi All,

DO NOT attempt to upgrade the firmware on the 5000ETP touch panel via the Schneider kiosk app. There appears to be an issue with this firmware and the engineers are currently looking into it.

Cheers,

pspeirs, Mar 3, 2022
  6. pspeirs

Adam McLeod

Yes unfortunately i upgraded the firmware via the touchscreen panel itself, not via USB. Once again I've managed to break something in my house!

Clipsal contacted me this morning and confirmed that their engineers are looking into it as we speak.

Adam McLeod, Mar 4, 2022
  7. pspeirs

Adam McLeod

Hi guys,

Have we had any progress here? I've heard nothing since Friday. Any tips or workarounds until the issue is fixed properly? My site is unusable until this is resolved. Thanks in advance!

Adam McLeod, Mar 8, 2022
  8. pspeirs

pspeirs

Nope, but I suspect the only way may be to fix the issue or roll back and publish a new version. I’m sure they have a lot on their plate and I’m not sure if this firmware is released by Clipsal or as I suspect the manufacturer of the panel and Clipsal just run a custom kiosk.

pspeirs, Mar 8, 2022
  9. pspeirs

lcrowhurst

Not a fix for the tablet , but I have an app in the play store and apple store for wiser/spacelogic .

lcrowhurst, Mar 8, 2022
Ask a Question