Ethernet Network Interface 5500CN (SLC5500CN USA Spec.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by industeq, Nov 27, 2009.

1. industeq

industeq

I installed my first ENI and initially confused.
    It scanned in the Tool-kit fine but right off the top the image is the same as the PCI with a 9 pin connector on the face.
    Now when opened to my amazement there are only 3 tabs.
    Unit ID
    Global
    Status

Where do I set the Network IP Address? I was confused.

Now I had to dig up the instructions and found out I had to download 3rd party software to program via my windows XP OS.
    The instructions are self explanatory but for a newbie it could be overwhelming as it leans to intermediate IT configurations on the command line.

Why can?t the Tool-kit have a way to set the IP and Subnet then upload?
    That would make life so much easier.

industeq, Nov 27, 2009
  2. industeq

Newman

The facility to change those parameters is not available on the port that connects the C-Bus interface to the Ethernet interface within the device. They can only be changed over the Ethernet port.

There is a C-Bus IP Configuration utility that can be downloaded for configuring these parameters. You also have the option to use the Lantronix Device Installer software. With both of these utilities there is no need to resort to command line programming. The instructions are a bit out of date in this regard.

Newman, Nov 27, 2009
  3. industeq

ashleigh Moderator

As far as the cbus unit type and displayed picture goes - this is known and planned to be fixed. It's a simple fix in concept with a series of hideous consequences the flow from it. It's coming but still some time away.

ashleigh, Nov 27, 2009
  4. industeq

industeq

SInce I am new to C-bus I have found the Tool-Kit to be very simple and easy to understand without outside help or training. However when I installed the Network Adapter I thought I was missing something as it took a bit of time compared to just scanning the network.
    The Lantronix download was easy and simple compared to the comand line or telnet. End result the Network Adapter works as needed once programed the I.P.address.

Regards
    Alan Dobbs
    Industeq, Inc.

industeq, Nov 27, 2009
  5. industeq

ashleigh Moderator

I'd actually suggest you use the newer Clipsal IP Setup Utility (which is on the web site). You will find that its ability to discover and commission CNI's is better. It's faster, easier to use. And whats more it supports ALL the CNI models and other new ethernet devices - whereas the Lantronix s/w only supports Lantronix products.

ashleigh, Nov 28, 2009
Ask a Question