Enabling Wiser Schedules after trigger time

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by riprap, Oct 16, 2014.

1. riprap

riprap

I'm new to Wiser and would be grateful for some help.

I wish to schedule various lights in my house to come on and off if the Burglar Alarm is active. I have used a Key Group set as a Bell press on a Auxiliary Input unit to detect if the alarm is set (it has a N/O contact which closes when the alarm is set) and the Lighting Group allocated to this is set as the Enable Group for the Schedule.

My question is this: What happens if the Alarm is set AFTER the time set for the Schedule? Does the Schedule 'catch up' and activate on the basis that if enabled it would have triggered, or is this schedule simple ignored because it's trigger time has passed?

If the latter, can anyone suggest a way to get the schedule to trigger when enabled if the trigger time has already passed?

Many thanks

riprap, Oct 16, 2014
  2. riprap

rhamer

I would do it with logic instead and monitor the group address that changes when your alarm is armed/disarmed.

For example the logic would look something like;

If alarm is on and time is between 9:00pm and 7:00am then
    Turn on lights
    End if

If you want to turn them off when the alarm is disarmed then do something similar;

If alarm is off and time is between 9:00pm and 7:00am then
    Turn off lights
    End if

You can also use a schedule to turn the lights off in the morning regardless of the alarm state if that is what you want.

The exact syntax I have used is not correct but you should get the idea. If you need the exact syntax, I'm sure one of the other guys here who write it more regularly than me will show you how.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Oct 16, 2014
  3. riprap

Roosta

I also would suggest setting the auxilary input module as a normal on/off.. Bell press wont work with what you are trying to do IMO as the there is nothing to tell cbus the alarms state, ie on or off, just a momentary on/off when the alarm arms.. Nothing when it disarms..

To answer your question, the schedule wont catchup.. It will simply stay enabled until the next time trigger period comes around..

Depending on what exactly you are trying to do rhamer's suggestion is your best bet..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    Roosta, Oct 16, 2014
Ask a Question