elk/ness interface in the U.S.?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by curiouser, Jun 2, 2008.

1. curiouser

curiouser

i'm interested in connecting an elk m1 panel to a c-bus system. there seems to be such a product available in australia, for the ness-branded version of the m1 -- is it safe to assume that it would work equally well in an elk panel? (as far as i can tell they're identical, so presumably the answer is "yes"). what are my options for purchasing it? has anyone in the U.S. actually done this?

curiouser, Jun 2, 2008
  2. curiouser

damian.flynn

Hi,

Im not in the USA, nor Aus, but Ireland. I have an M1 from the US, and the CBUS card from Aus, and I can confirm that its hooked up and speaking to both systems

cheers
    Damian

damian.flynn, Jun 2, 2008
  3. curiouser

ashleigh Moderator

I understand the ELK / NESS M1 system was co-developed by ELK and NESS. It would seem reasonable to assume that the bits-n-pieces you need to get are available from both companies. But if in doubt, call them and ask. You might have to juggle timezones, but Mr. Google is your friend for finding contact info.

ashleigh, Jun 2, 2008
  4. curiouser

znelbok

The Elk m1 is the same beast as the Ness M1. Ness actually make the PCB's now for Elk.

The C-bus interface will work with the Elk M1 because they are the same thing. The interface is powered from the M1 as you would expect (12VDC).

Mick

znelbok, Jun 3, 2008
  5. curiouser

znelbok

The Elk m1 is the same beast as the Ness M1. Ness actually make the PCB's now for Elk.

The C-bus interface will work with the Elk M1 because they are the same thing. The interface is powered from the M1 as you would expect (12VDC).

Last I heard they were not looking at the US market yet, but that should change, don't know when, its only what I have heard

Mick

znelbok, Jun 3, 2008
Ask a Question