Electrical Storm

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Hoss, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Hoss

Hoss

Hi

We have just had a massive electrical storm and the C-touch is black!!!!

Is there a fuse on it?

apart from replacing or getting a techo in to test is there anything I can do to see if I can repair( I am a sparkY!!)

Cheers

Paul

Hoss, Nov 21, 2009
  2. Hoss

ashleigh Moderator

Start by power cycling it. The may require finding the circuit and throwing the breaker... but a power cycle is the best place to start.

ashleigh, Nov 21, 2009
  3. Hoss

Hoss

Thanks Ash, I have tried that, have just tested the voltage from the power supply 4.6Volts dc taken the touch out and cannot see any visible damage. I thought there may have been a fuse for protection in it?

Cheers

Paul

Hoss, Nov 21, 2009
  4. Hoss

Lucky555

If you are measuring 4.6v DC - C-Bus power (as you mentioned in your last post) then there is your problem. Your Bus voltage should be somewhere in the range of 30-36v DC. If you have a separate C-Bus power unit then I would say it has sh#t itself. If you have output units that incorporate power supplies then one or more of those could be damaged.

At 4.6v DC not much else of your C-Bus install would be working either... :(

Lucky555, Nov 21, 2009
  5. Hoss

joshl

in his last post he stated 4.6V DC with the power supply of the touch screen not the cbus voltage:), think its like 5.6V DC or something isnt it for the ctouch PS?

joshl, Nov 21, 2009
  6. Hoss

ashleigh Moderator

Depending on whether its the Colour CTouch release 1 or 2, the voltage should be around 5 V. 4.6 sounds a bit low but not wildly so. It could be enough, though, to render it inoperative.

ashleigh, Nov 22, 2009
  7. Hoss

Lucky555

ooops - a bit rusty :eek:

Lucky555, Nov 22, 2009
Ask a Question