EDLTs resetting

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by GlenF, Apr 27, 2024.

1. GlenF

GlenF

HI all,

A couple of times a day, my EDLTs (x2) reset completely and re-initialise like the power has reset them (not sure if both do it together as they are a fair bit apart but I see it happening on both). It is all fine after about 20 secs but I suspect some level of power spike is causing this. I did notice once that the power value on the screen after reset jumped down to 18V for a sec or two.

Is there any way of checking why this is happening?

Rest of the network is fine and it has been doing it for a while.

Glen

GlenF, Apr 27, 2024
  2. GlenF

Conformist

It looks like your eDLTs are reporting to you (this is not a design within them), there is an issue with the network voltage. I've seen this on my own network. I imagine you have a unit (dimmer or relay?) with an intermittently faulty power supply. These can be a bugger to find sometimes. Like you, the balance of my network seems to be OK. I ended up adding an extra power supply that has fixed the issue of the voltage dropping. But, the power supply (built into a dimmer or relay in my case), is still intermittently failing as part of the network (units) goes into a temporary comms fault. I'll find it one day.

Conformist, Apr 27, 2024
  3. GlenF

GlenF

Thanks Conformist, looks like I will do the same as you and leave it as is. I added an additional power supply a while back.

GlenF, Apr 27, 2024
Ask a Question