eDLT with PIROA

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MHeaton, Sep 29, 2018.

1. MHeaton

MHeaton

Hi there,
    I have a SENPIROA which is set to the secondary application trigger control and succesfully generates the trigger message on the bus.
    However, the eDLT (running firmware v1.5) with the defined scenes doesn't react to the trigger. Am I missing something stupid?

The Application address of the PIROA is the trigger level of the scene in question and I have even made sure the scene is defined on a button in the eDLT.

If I switch to lighting and control a single load it works fine...
    Thanks
    Mark

MHeaton, Sep 29, 2018
  2. MHeaton

jboer

I am pretty sure the eDLT has its triggers for its scenes in the Lighting Application, so if you can just use a group in your lighting application to do your triggering and it should work fine.

jboer, Sep 30, 2018
  3. MHeaton

NickD Moderator

@MHeaton - a scene trigger looks like a group address (the trigger group) being set to a specific level (the action selector) with a ramp rate of 0.

To do this with a PIR you would have to make it use a RampRecall1 with the group address set to the trigger group, the Recall1 level set to the level (action selector), and the ramp rate set to 0.

Can you confirm exactly what message is coming out of the SENPIROA, and what Trigger Group/Action Selector your eDLT is set up for?

@jboer - pretty sure the eDLT can't use a lighting group as a scene trigger.

Nick

NickD, Oct 5, 2018
  4. MHeaton

jboer

jboer, Oct 5, 2018
Ask a Question