eDLT USB driver

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by theboyg, Jan 3, 2015.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I'm provisioning the first EDLT unit, and the USB driver is failing to install. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

The error Window provides if I manually try to update the driver is "a service installation section in this INF in invalid" but it does recognise it as a "eDLT Composite Device" in the dialog, but 'Unknown' in device manager. The firmware upgrade action in Toolkit does nothing (I presume because it doesn't have a driver).

This is using Toolkit 1.14.1

Any ideas? Thanks

theboyg, Jan 3, 2015
  2. theboyg

theboyg

I pulled out an old laptop, installed Window 7 32 bit and using the same install packages it all worked. So that tells me the Toolkit doesn't play nice with Windows x64

So, did that. But clicking on "Upgrade eDLT Firmware) does absolutely nothing at all. Have there been any updates to worry about?

theboyg, Jan 5, 2015
  3. theboyg

TheGuru

Toolkit will tell you if you have the latest version eDLT. If it hasn't put a message on toolkit saying that your not running the latest version, then I wouldn't worry about it right now. Down the track if you feel the need to update when firmware is released, perhaps call tech support then.

TheGuru, Jan 8, 2015
Ask a Question