eDLT Standby/Wake Function

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by chromus, Feb 2, 2014.

1. chromus

chromus

I was planning on using the proximity function on the eDLT in my theatre to temporarily trigger 1 of the downlight banks to come on super dim to allow the light to come on in the otherwise dark room.

This works, but doesn't then cancel when the unit returns to standby, meaning the unit needs a further key press to turn the light off again.

What this means, is when the dog walks passed the light comes on and stays on.

The Trigger control function is there but simply doesn't work.

These things have been "around" for 12months plus, seems like Clipsal didn't use the delays to bugfix the functionality. :(

Surely it would be simple to add a function which cancels the prox action when returning to standby.

Making the trigger control work would be nice too.

chromus, Feb 2, 2014
  2. chromus

NickD Moderator

Hi,

Whilst the units have been released for a while, the reality is that we're only just starting to see them getting into customers' hands in any numbers. We're definietly keen to hear feedback about what's working for you and what's not, what's useful, and what's missing.

The implementation of the events tied to the prox sensor in eDLT was based on the same thing which has been in the CTouch Spectrum for years... it's just a simple event, which can then be used to trigger some action in a more advanced unit like touchscreen or Wiser.

As for the Trigger event not working... to my knowledge we haven't heard any reports of this, so I will get someone to look into it.

Nick

NickD, Feb 4, 2014
  3. chromus

chromus

Consider this an additional function request ;)

The unit senses someone in the proximity.
    Unit Wakes and performs the action (as per current)

If no further input Unit
    Unit Sleeps and cancels action performed

If button pressed, sleep timer restarts BUT no further actions performed
    Unit sleeps

Tick box to enable this extra functionality or not depending on integrators needs.

chromus, Feb 5, 2014
  4. chromus

eha002

sorry to Necropost but this seemed relevant.

is there a way to get a timer, say 1 min or even tied to the "Unit Activate" time, I have no Wiser or touch screen in this install so i've implemented turning a group on and in Our M1 when a group turns on, then set a 30 second timer on the group I want.

eha002, Apr 10, 2019
Ask a Question