eDLT Standby Page not displaying date/time

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by znelbok, Dec 19, 2017.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I have an install where there are two eDLT's. This is the first time I have worked with time and it all looks pretty straight forward but for some reason they are not showing the date time etc on the standby page. From memory they just show -/-.

Is this a case of the date and time are not being broadcast on the network and not getting there or is it another issue?

Thanks

znelbok, Dec 19, 2017
  2. znelbok

NickD Moderator

Yep.. it will display that until it has received a valid time broadcast.

Do you have something on your network that is capable of keeping time? For example a PAC, touchscreen, Wiser etc?

Nick

NickD, Dec 20, 2017
  3. znelbok

znelbok

Ok that makes sense.

Nothing on the network that can broadcast the time. I have CQC that is broadcasting a temperature (only when it changes - its in 1°C increments) from a fireplace temperature sensor so I will have to look into seeing it can broadcast the time as well.

How often is time broadcast on the network?

znelbok, Dec 20, 2017
  4. znelbok

NickD Moderator

There are a bunch of rules for the frequency of time broadcasts defined in the Clock & Timekeeping Application..

These are mainly to ensure there are regular broadcasts, and that if there are multiple devices capable of keeping time, that a device with the highest accuracy class will always end up being the time master.

If it's just your own system, and you only have one device that will broadcast the time then it doesn't really matter.. it just needs to be often enough that drift doesn't become a problem... once every hour is fine.

If you were developing a product then we would expect you to implement the rules properly :)

Nick

PS : You can set the time on the network using the eDLT Tools page (short press the top right key whilst holding the bottom left key in to access it). Setting the time this way will broadcast the time you set on the network, so all eDLTs should then display the time you set and keep the time from that point, but they will not keep it updated and will not restore it after a power failure. This is useful if you have something like a PAC which does keep time, but doesn't have a user interface. For now, it will at least let you get time on your eDLTs :)

NickD, Dec 20, 2017
    Éirin likes this.
  5. znelbok

znelbok

Thanks Nick

I am now setup to send date and time every hour. I originally was just sending time (forgot about the date) and the eDLT was still not displaying anything other than the temperature value I was publishing onto the network (make sense really) so hopefully its all working now.

znelbok, Dec 21, 2017
  6. znelbok

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Just adding that for a quick test you can push out a clock update from C-Gate's command console:

Code:
    clock date 254/223 system
    clock time 254/223 system
    The eDLT will then show a time matching your PC's clock. But for the long term you still need a suitably configured device on the network as mentioned by Nick.

daniel, Dec 21, 2017
  7. znelbok

znelbok

yup, exactly what i have in place.

There is no device planned for the network so CQC will b doing that role permanently.

znelbok, Dec 21, 2017
Ask a Question