edlt scenes; remote triggering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fred, Jan 22, 2016.

1. fred

fred

:confused::confused::confused:
    I notice that scenes residing in a edlt can be toggled "on" and "off" using the the one key... (right for "on" and left for "off"), however when triggering a scene from a touch panel the key only switches the scene "on" and won't switch it "off".
    Is this an error in my setup or is the way the system is?????

fred, Jan 22, 2016
  2. fred

Ashley

That's the way it is :)

A scene is a set of groups with pre-defined levels. When you trigger a scene (either locally or remotely) it just sets all those levels. The eDLT has special handling to also set all the groups in the scene to off. To do it remotely you need to create a second scene with all the groups set to zero. Define the action selector for the ON scene as 255 and the OFF scene as 0 then set the trigger button to toggle.

Ashley, Jan 22, 2016
  3. fred

fred

fred, Jan 24, 2016
  4. fred

jamesg

What do we do if we need 10-20 on and off scenes accessed on 1 EDLT? iv got an issue with a current job where i need more than the 8 scenes available.

jamesg, Dec 21, 2020
  5. fred

Ashley

How were you planning to physically control 20 scenes from the 4 buttons?

Ashley, Dec 21, 2020
  6. fred

jamesg

Sorry Ashley I have explained it poorly, I was going to use the multiple pages to control the scenes with some buttons being scene select. the issue is i have 27 roller blinds in 8 bays with sun and 4 bays with blackout so to send each bay to 255 or 0 is 24 scenes is there a way to store shutter relay scenes in another device and call for them in an EDLT? I'm fairly new to Cbus so excuse the average questions, we normally just do Control4

jamesg, Dec 22, 2020
  7. fred

chromus

As per my reply in your other thread.

This is the point where you stop and rethink your input unit choice.

This location would be better served by pulling out the eDLT and putting in a touch screen in its place.

Another option if the site has a spare CNI slot would be a Homebridge (see the voice control section of this forum) install and a tablet on a wall mount.

The Homebridge method would also give your Hey Siri/ Oi Google/ Etc support.

chromus, Dec 24, 2020
Ask a Question