EDLT - Scene labeling issue

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by chromus, Jan 30, 2014.

1. chromus

chromus

Toolkit: 1.13
    EDLT Firmware: 1.0/1.1/1.2

I have been trying to program scenes onto the EDLT and the process being different to the original DLT has left me confused and I can't get the display to give me a Dynamic Label of my choosing.

It will work with the provided "scene labels" - but these don't match my needs, instead I am tying to use the Trigger Label as indicated in the right side of the sceeen shot below

here are the screen shots/pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Am I missing something or is this a flaw in the current firmware?

chromus, Jan 30, 2014
  2. chromus

NickD Moderator

Have you applied a dynamic label to the TG/AS?

Also... I'm curious why you want to use the dynamic labels and not the static ones.

Nick

NickD, Feb 2, 2014
  3. chromus

chromus

You cant set static labels in scene toggle.

The dynamic labels are shown in the Screenshots

chromus, Feb 2, 2014
  4. chromus

NickD Moderator

I'm not sure exactly what functionality you are aiming for, but here's a few things that might help (and perhaps are not obvious).

1) You say the "scene labels" don't match your needs. I assume you realise you can edit these? The text that's there by default is just a bunch of common stuff that we thought people you might use (put there in the factory to save you having to wait for it to transfer to the unit), but all of these predefined strings can be changed... just pick one you don't need.

2) You can actually have Static Text as a scene label, although it appears to be called "Scene Label".

3)If you still want to use Dynamic Labels*, there was a bug with scene labels in firmware 1.1. It was fixed in 1.2, but it may require reinitialisation of the units label database. You can do this with the "Clear Labels" button on the "General Settings" tab.

*The only real reason to use Dynamic Labels in eDLT is if you want to change them dynamically, or if you want to use the multi language support. For everything else, Static Labels are probably easier.

HTH,

Nick

NickD, Feb 4, 2014
  5. chromus

chromus

The Scene Label text doesn't appear to be editable unless I missed it, you can point me to the edit feature?

I followed your instructions and deleted all the labels and reset the dynamic labels and achieved the outcome I wanted, but a lot of frigging about on a fresh from factory unit which had just been updated to 1.2.

Edit: I think your terminology and mine may not have been entirely meshing.

After reading your explanation again, I think what I did was what you said above but that your explanation didnt use the same names as the dialogue in the software.

All sorted - maybe a much clearer explanation in the help docs would be of help and or a Youtube vid explanation.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    chromus, Feb 5, 2014
Ask a Question