eDLT Proximity Sensor Code

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by IanCun, Apr 15, 2015.

1. IanCun

IanCun

Hi,

I've just purchased an eDLT and I've got a 5500PACA pascal unit, which I'm hoping to combine to create some interesting scripts :).

I've got the eDLT mounted next to a front door and every time I open it, it triggers the eDLT proximity sensor. This could be really useful, as if I can use this as a conditional I could make something that checks that "exit" mode was the last scene used, and if the proximity sensor as activated more than 10 seconds after this, to turn on the hall lights. This means, when I return home, the appropriate lights will turn on.

Is that something I can do in Pascal? If so, how can I check the status of the eDLT proximity sensor?

Any help would be most welcome, as I'm a C-Bus novice. I've learned a lot thanks to the helpful folk on here :).

Cheers,
    Ian

IanCun, Apr 15, 2015
  2. IanCun

daniel C-Busser Moderator

This is completely off the cuff so I may have this wrong, but if you set:

- Wake unit by: Proximity Sensor
    - Proximity Sensor Event: Trigger Event
    - Group: e.g. "Front Door Proximity"
    - Action Selector: e.g. "Front Door Proximity Action", address 255.

Then I expect the unit would emit a trigger event each time you come home. You can trigger scenes stored in the eDLT or other units without having to use your PAC.

For more information see: http://training.clipsal.com/downloads/OpenCBus/Trigger Control Application.pdf

For more sophisticated behaviour you can also detect trigger levels in Logic. Use the same Action Selector number you created above.

From: http://www.cleverhome.com.au/manuals/Clipsal-C-Bus-PICED-Logic-Engine-Programming.pdf

Again I might have this all wrong but it's worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    daniel, Apr 16, 2015
  3. IanCun

IanCun

Perfect, thanks Daniel!

I'll give this a whirl at the weekend :).

IanCun, Apr 16, 2015
Ask a Question