eDLT problems in Toolkit 1.13.0 - Toolkit crashes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisJC, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ChrisJC

ChrisJC

Hi, I have been using my MacBook Pro on since the end of 2010 and Have been using Windows XP Pro. I have had no problems with it until Toolkit 1.13.0 and eDLT. I load it, OK, I modify it and save to the eDLT, OK. I reopen it to make changes and Toolkit crashes and it uses all the resources on the Chip. I close Toolkit via Task Manager and then restart toolkit and I can then open it again; and thus the circle of discontent is established.

C-Bus Help says that it is a problem caused by Parallels and that they only use Windows 7 64bit and have no problems. So I loaded it on on a 32bit Windows 7 machine and started all over again - with exactly the same results! Is it that they are using a CNI interface and I'm using a serial interface (or PACA as an interface) and the USB Driver is the problem?

There are other issues but I'll have to start a new thread for that.

Has anyone else experience the same and resolved it?

Attached Files:

ChrisJC, Feb 23, 2014
  2. ChrisJC

joshl

same problems here, running windows 7. it happened to me offline though when working on the database a few times

joshl, Apr 15, 2014
  3. ChrisJC

ChrisJC

C-Bus Toolkit 1.13.0 & eDLTs

C-Bus engineers have found that there is an issue and are now looking into it. I am not a Clipsal representative so the following is my understanding as it was explained to me: Toolkit 1.13 is optimised for windows 8.1 and it has built in recovery.

My experience is that on reloading an eDLT the C-Gate gets caught in a loop and that then pushes the processor to 100%
    XP - by looking at C-Gate you can see the commands and responses
    W7 - by looking at C-gate the snooping is not displayed but the processing time is taken over by it
    W8.1 - by looking at C-Gate the snooping is not displayed and the processor is taken over but it seems that the operating system see this and stops the thread and therefore the eDLT then opens.

There are other issues but I think that this may be related.

Attached Files:

ChrisJC, Apr 15, 2014
Ask a Question