eDLT Key Function set to "Soft Down / Soft Up (Dimmer) does not go to 100%

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Teddy, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Teddy

Teddy

I have a relatively new CBUS installation, which was commissioned in March 2018. The network includes 9 x L5508D1a 8 channel dimmer modules, 29 x L5501RBCP blind curtain shutter relays, 3 x L5512RVF 12 channel relay modules, 1 x 5500SHAC, 13 x 4 button Zen switches, 16 x eDLT 5085EDLW and 4 x eDLT R5045EDLB.

If the Key Function for switching on a light for a lighting group is configured for “Soft Down / Soft Up (Dimmer)” on an eDLT (5085EDLW) the light does not go to 100% intensity – it typically only goes to 40% or 50% intensity. This has only just started occurring over the last couple of months and the only changes to the system have been that I updated all the eDLT firmware to the latest version. If the lighting group is configured for any other Key Function such as Dimmer Down / Dimmer Up on the eDLT the light intensity will go to 100%.

If however the same lighting group is activated via the web interface driven by the SHAC then the light softly dims to the full 100% as per the ramp up parameters.

So the problem seems to be related to the eDLT triggering the dimmer modules and not the SHAC triggering the dimmer modules. I have not configured any of the dimmer circuits so as to limit the intensity on the load.

I wonder if someone can give me some advice on how I can rectify the problem I am experiencing.

Teddy, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Teddy

NickD Moderator

Can you look at what commands appear on the bus when you have the problem? You can see this in the Toolkit application log, or you can download the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility.

Nick

NickD, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Teddy

Teddy

Hi Nick, thanks for your response. I've taken some screen shots of the the Toolkit application log when triggering the lighting group from two different eDLTs and from the SHAC. In summary, from one eDLT the light intensity ramps to 40%, from another eDLT the same lighting group ramps to only 24% and from the SHAC the same lighting group ramps to 100% (as it should).

I've also attached screen shots of the eDLT configurations and another screen shot showing the eDLT firmware version, which is 1.5.0.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Attached Files:

Teddy, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Teddy

zei20t

ive been getting similar problems, but only on 1 eDLT. the rest of the house is ok.

zei20t, Sep 19, 2018
  5. Teddy

NickD Moderator

The SoftUp function uses the RampRecall1 microfunction which ramps to the Recall1 level.

The Recall1 level is stored in non-volatile memory and is initialised to 255 in the factory, and should never actually be changed.

It looks like somehow the Recall1 value is being corrupted. I will log a defect about this.

For now, if you use the "Factory Default" button in the eDLT UI in Toolkit it will reset this (along with everything else in the eDLT, so make sure your eDLT config is backed up in Toolkit first).

Please try this and let us know if the problem reappears.

Nick

NickD, Sep 20, 2018
    zei20t likes this.
  6. Teddy

Teddy

Thanks Nick, I'll do a reset of the eDLT and then resort the backup to see if the problem goes away.

Considering I have multiple eDLTs exhibiting this problem, I'm assuming that I need to individually reset each eDLT and then do a backup restore? Of course I will try a reset and restore of one eDLT first to see if this process resolves the problem.

I'll let you know the outcome in 24 hours.

Teddy, Sep 20, 2018
  7. Teddy

NickD Moderator

Yes, you would need to do it on each one.

NickD, Sep 20, 2018
  8. Teddy

Teddy

Hi Nick, just to let you know that your suggested solution resolved my problem. In summary, I "factory reset" the eDLTs causing the problem and then re-saved the configuration and this fixed my problem.

However, I am curious as to why this happened? Was it a result of the eDLT firmware updates I applied or due to some other issue?

Teddy, Sep 24, 2018
  9. Teddy

NickD Moderator

I'm also curious.

The firmware update shouldn't have affected it, nor should anything for that matter, however this is the first time I've heard of it.

I will try to find some time to look into it but in the meantime, if it happens again please let us know.

Nick

NickD, Sep 25, 2018
  10. Teddy

zei20t

thank you!

this fixed my problematic eDLT

zei20t, Sep 26, 2018
Ask a Question