EDLT Graphics DLL errror with Avast Antivirus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by fleetz, Feb 21, 2015.

1. fleetz

fleetz

Currently using 1.13.2 TK without any issues. Recently programmed up a system with 20 EDLTs, dimmers, relay etc. Running on a laptop with Windows 7

Only thing I have done since programming has been to update Avast which was about to expire. Thought since I had been using the free version for good number of years I would do the right thing and upgrade and buy the paid version.

The first time I ran this project up TK booted OK and I wanted to go into one of the ELDT units off line to look at a configuration. When I launched the EDLT Avast came up with a pop up saying that a graphic dll looked suspicious and gave me two options. Firstly to basic accept the dll or secondly to report it as a false positive.

Only issue TK by this time had reported "Error displaying unit dialog can't load graphics dll" I had to acknowledge this box before it would appear Avast would accept the request to accept the dll. Soon as I closed the TK error message the Avast message disappeared too.

So I have spent the last hour or so diving into Avast to clear the dll block to no avail. I located in Avast "Settings" >"Active Protection" > "File Sytem Shield" added TK folder content to the exclusions list, but no joy.

In the default suspicion setting Avast had "Automatically Fix" so I suspect it has trashed the EDLT graphic dll. I cant see a specific EDLT Graphic DLL in the toolkit folder......is there meant to be one there?

By the way TK opens up all other devices like dimmers, relays, buscouplers, CNI etc fine only the EDLTs report the quoted error message.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, Feb 21, 2015
  2. fleetz

fleetz

Follow up......

I loaded 1.13.2 over the top again and all is well with loading EDLT devices. Must have as I thought trashed the EDLT graphic dll automatically when Avast thought it was suspicious. Have changed that setting to "ask" now! :)

May help others that upgrade to the paid version of Avast.......sometimes doing the right thing can shoot the odd toe off! :p

fleetz, Feb 21, 2015
Ask a Question