eDLT Firmware Upgrade - Failed to detect an eDLT unit connected to the computer

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ian, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

I've got an eDLT that needs a firmware update, but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to perform this. The eDLT is running 1.3.0, but I get a notice saying that there's a critical update available (1.5.0). I presumed I could simply connect the eDLT to a PC with the toolkit installed, wait a minute for the USB driver to be automatically installed and then proceed to update the firmware within the software.

However, when I try this, I get the following error:

I noticed that I don't get any additional devices appearing in device manager, so it looks like the eDLT isn't actually registering correctly with the PC. Am I missing any additional steps?

Ian, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Ian

Wonkey

Hi Ian
    You do need to have the eDLT connected to a C-Bus network as well as the USB connection to perform a firmware upgrade
    Colin

Wonkey, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Thanks Colin. Do I need to install any drivers to get the eDLT detected on a Windows 10 PC? Nothing happens when I plug it in - i.e. nothing shows in device manager and no new devices are detected. I've tried 2 cables, but will also try a 3rd.

Ian, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Tried on a second laptop with a new cable - same result. Nothing appears in device manager when plugging the eDLT in (even if I manually install the drivers in the /firmware folder). The log doesn't show anything of interest, other than the device isn't detected.

Am I missing a stage, or could there be a problem with the eDLT? It seems to work fine, apart from this issue.

Ian, Oct 23, 2019
  5. Ian

chromus

You need the
    • latest Toolkit installed,
    • CBUS (or 15v DC) power to the EDLT
    • USB connected AFTER EDLT has booted up from CBUS(/15v) connection
    If it's not being detected reinstall toolkit and there is an option to force the drivers in the install dialog

chromus, Oct 25, 2019
    Matthew and Ian like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Administrator

Thanks, I'll re-install the toolkit and check that option to try again :).

Ian, Oct 25, 2019
  7. Ian

Wonkey

Another small but important note the usb leads you are using may not be suitable. Some leads of that design are used only to charge a device and only have 2 wires. Hence no comms.
    Just to double check you are plugging the USB lead into the side of the eDLT
    Colin

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Wonkey, Oct 26, 2019
    Ian likes this.
  8. Ian

ColinRoth

Can anybody help me. I was in the middle of a EDLT upgrade when the USB cable was accidentally bumped and the upgrade did not finish. The unit is now dead and I cannot re-install the firmware and the Toolkit software does not recognize the unit.

ColinRoth, May 22, 2023
Ask a Question