eDLT display switching on by itself

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, Jun 12, 2015.

1. fleetz

fleetz

Hi All,

Just installed 23 eDLTs in a project and all went with out a hitch. The folks have just moved in and living in the new home.

They have noticed that two eDLTs are switching the displays on and off all by themselves. From reports it can be between 5 to 10 minute intervals to turn on and they appear to go off with the normal off timing.

There is no movement near the two units in fact one of the units is the entry to a his and hers walk in robe and at night they can see the unit go on and off all night. The other is in a walk in pantry.

The only thing these two that have in common is an opposing wall. In the walk in robe the wall is 1.3m away the WIP is about 900mm. Can not see any reason why that might have any baring but as I said the only common denominator.

The proximity sensor works as expected when you are operating the eDLT as they have been designed. The units have only been commissioned a couple of weeks and are repeatably doing the on an off displays by themselves.

Are there any known issues that mirror what we are finding? When I programmed the initial 23 on the bench I had 2 of the 23 fail the initial configuration, one was the proximity sense didn't work at all, the other was a faulty down switch. So already have experienced a faulty proximity sensor.

Appreciate any feedback and or other like experiences.

I plan on relocating the two faulty units to other locations where there is no opposing walls just to eliminate that sometime during the week.

Thanks and regards,

Fleetz

PS the project is located at Windsor Gardens in Adelaide if any CIS folks in Adelaide would like to see this first hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    fleetz, Jun 12, 2015
  2. fleetz

Damaxx

Have the same problem with one of my eDLt's Fleetz.

Never noticed it until my daughter decided to sleep on the couch in the second lounge and complained about it coming on all the time throughout the night. Similar circumstances of no movement, yet the unit lights up at almost timed intervals. Another unit on the adjoining wall works 100% perfect.

Doesn't really bother me because of the location it's installed in (beside the backdoor) but curious of what could be the cause and myself.

Damaxx, Jun 17, 2015
  3. fleetz

fleetz

Have not had a chance to swap out the affending units to a different location to see if it follow the unit or location. Hopefully will get a chance in the next week or so.

My guess at the moment that it is the eDLT. Of the 23 I recieved initial for this project I found two had faults out the box, one had a faulty switch and the other a proximity sensor that would not work at all. Both were swapped out by Clipsal. So I would suspect the units over the location but needs to verified before sending them back for repair/replacement.

Least I am not the only one to experience the problem.

Cheers,

Fleetz

fleetz, Jun 17, 2015
  4. fleetz

Bearskin

I believe it's a firmware issue on V1.3 of the eDLT, v1.4 fixes this

Bearskin, Mar 8, 2017
  5. fleetz

rbm3

I have 8 eDLTs which were installed about 3 years ago. Have noticed for some time now that the display on the one in my living room often switches on without movement. While this is clearly an issue doesn't bother me due to its location. As of last night this has started happening on the one next to my bed (which is an issue due to location). It will switch on (for no apparent reason) for the programmed time (about 20 secs) turn off for about 2 secs then back on again. This has repeated continuously throughout the past 15 hours. After some experimentation today it appears the fault may be heat sensitive as it seems to stop once I drop the temp (via air con) to about 21 degrees C. Note this is the first time this has happened (in 3 years) with this particular switch.

rbm3, Jan 23, 2019
Ask a Question