eDLT Dead - any ideas

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by stuartz, Nov 1, 2021.

1. stuartz

stuartz

One of my dDLT units has been running without issue for several years. Its gets hardly any use (maybe once or twice a week in the winter) but this week when i went to switch the lights on it was completely dead - no display and no buttons. There is power to the unit which i have confirmed by attaching another dDLT which works ok.

The faulty eDLT does show up in toolkit as being on the network and shows its voltage. But you can't actually connect or download from it. So to me, lt looks like a power board failure. Is this something that can be replaced without having to totally replace what otherwose looks like a brand new unit? Or is there something else i can try?

Thanks in advance

stuartz, Nov 1, 2021
  2. stuartz

Conformist

I'd suggest a warranty claim. Under Australian Consumer Law, you're well within your rights to have it taken care of.

Conformist, Nov 2, 2021
  3. stuartz

Trevor

Depending on the age of the unit, he said several years, what do Clipsal offer as a warranty period for these?

Trevor, Nov 3, 2021
  4. stuartz

Conformist

This is an interesting debate... It doesn't matter what Clipsal 'offer'. Australian Consumer Law (ACL) states that it is with the consumer's expectation. Given C-Bus is an expensive system... (Schneider love to charge top $$), the expectation would be (in my professional opinion) 10-15 years. Their warranty statement might say 2 years, but it means nothing as it is overridden by ACL.
    BTW, the warranty statements I've just looked at on C-Bus products are well out of date and don't mention ACL which they are meant to.

Conformist, Nov 3, 2021
Ask a Question