eDLT date message

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Rab_lone, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Hi

I currently have a DLT that I use to update time on my PAC when it is out.
    I run schedules on PAC for sunset operations etc.
    How do I update date on PAC if it gets out.

Can the eDLT send update date as it does time and PAC will use?? and hold?
    or do I need to purchase a touch screen.
    Warren

Rab_lone, Apr 11, 2022
  2. Rab_lone

Ashley

You mention both DLT's and eDLT's. Which one do you mean?

eDLT's can set both time and date.
    DLT's can only set time.

You can set the date with an eDLT, Touchscreen, Wiser or SHAC. Also via Toolkit or the Diagnostic utility.

If the Data only gets out by a couple of days, you could write a bit of logic in the PAC to use a Group address to increment/decrement the date.

Ashley, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Sorry Ashley
    I currently have a DLT which I use to adjust time difference when the PAC is out.
    Recently I had the PAC for some reason revert to a date back in 2001, I think?, This has happened only once in the last 10 years.

If I install a new eDLT will it override and update PAC ?

I'm looking for a solution so date can be adjusted in the future if I leave property so new owner doesn't need to call in someone with C-Bus programming?

Warren

Rab_lone, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Rab_lone

Ashley

The eDLT will allow you to set the date, but it isn't a time master so it will not keep time for you. Currently the PAC is your time master, but they are not very accurate time keepers.

The best options are a SHAC or Wiser2 as they are network devices and can use internet time, so they are always accurate.

Ashley, Apr 12, 2022
  5. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Thanks Ashley

Im happy with the PAC as time master, just need something to update it if it gets out.
    So if I'm ready you right the eDLT will do the job but PAC will still vary and will need adjusting at times by the eDLT for both date(rarely) and time.

Warren

Rab_lone, Apr 12, 2022
  6. Rab_lone

Ashley

That is all correct.

Ashley, Apr 12, 2022
  7. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Sorry Ashley
    Another annoying question
    If I was to purchase SHAC or Wiser2 does that replace the PAC giving me logic programming, scenes, schedules etc I already have in the PAC?

Rab_lone, Apr 12, 2022
  8. Rab_lone

Ashley

Everything in the PAC can be transferred directly into the Wiser2. The logic engine is the same (with more functionality) and quite a bit faster.
    The SHAC uses a rather poor implementation of the Lua language instead of Pascal so you would have to recreate all the scenes and schedules and rewrite all the logic.

Ashley, Apr 12, 2022
    Rab_lone likes this.
  9. Rab_lone

Trevor

Hi Rab,
    Would you consider a refurbished colour touch screen, i have them availavle from $1000. Thats around half the price of a nac or shac on ebay, without the additional cost of program updates. They come with the pascal logic, compatible with dlt and edlt units.
    Regards
    Trevor Callaghan
    JEA Technologies
    0404 887 463

Trevor, Apr 12, 2022
  10. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Hi Ashley

If I go with Trevor thoughts and bite the bullet and put a touch screen in.
    This unit will replace PAC also and my logic, scenes, schedules etc can be transferred over?
    Touch screen would become time master which date and time adjusted easily?
    I think the answer yes but would like to confirm.

Warren

Rab_lone, Apr 13, 2022
  11. Rab_lone

Ashley

You can load the PAC project directly into the touchscreen. To use it as a time master it will need to be connected to your home network via cable. Once you do this it will adjust the time automatically from the internet for you (including daylight saving changes).
    You will also need a copy of the network configuration file (do you have this?) and access to Toolkit and PICED (a free download) and a windows PC.
    You will need to create your own pages for the touchscreen which can be a bit of work depending on how complex you want to make it. PICED comes with a number of themes and examples though to help you out.
    You cannot use the touchscreen as a cbus interface so you will need to keep the PAC for that (unless you have another interface like a PCI or CNI).

The colour touch screen was an excellent product but they are getting a bit on in years. I'm not familiar with spare part availability for these devices (like a screen for example), so you may want to discuss that with Trevor.

One advantage of the Wiser2 and SHAC is they support access via web browsers and smartphones which gives you convenient remote access. On the other hand, the Touchscreen is always in the same place and instantly available.

Ashley, Apr 13, 2022
  12. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Thanks Ashley

Sorry for delay been away.

Ill look into your advise and decide what suits.

Regards

Warren

Rab_lone, Apr 19, 2022
  13. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Hi Ashley

Since I have updated to the latest PICED software and downloaded latest firmware my PAC keeps defaulting back to 2008, should I use a earlier version. My PAC was MFG 2006.
    Thoughts?

Rab_lone, Aug 3, 2022
  14. Rab_lone

Trevor

Hi all
    Just keeping everyone up to date, I'll be repairing touch screens till i retire, around 10 years time. I also try and provide refurbished units as exchange or purchase when needed.
    Regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Aug 3, 2022
Ask a Question