eDLT - custom LCD colour selections

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Iasonas7, May 26, 2019.

1. Iasonas7

Iasonas7

Hi Folks,
    Hoping that this "feature request" may be seen by a C-Bus developer ;) It would be fantastic to be able to set a custom colour for the eDLT LCD background & foreground. It could simply be in the form of a HEX colour value set within the unit config. Given the LED modules in the displays are RGB this should be possible I suspect - just a software limitation.

Reason for requesting is that many of the built-in colours don't really display well. For example, I am using a black background and green text colour - that seems to be the variant with the most contrast for my installation. The Blue is extremely hard to read, yellow & red look nasty and the cyan - it looks like the blue you get in the old Vacuum Fluorescent Displays :eek:.

I'd really like to set a nice turquoise (maybe like #00FF94).
    I'm sure it would be a great selling feature to other customers too as it would allow them to match display colours to the buildings decor.

Regards,

Iasonas7, May 26, 2019
  2. Iasonas7

NickD Moderator

Unfortunately not possible. The hardware is only set up to support 3 bit per pixel colour.

Personally I agree that most of the other colours are hideous and as the designer I cringe every time I see them in the wild, but apparently some people like them.

Nick

NickD, May 27, 2019
  3. Iasonas7

Iasonas7

Iasonas7, May 27, 2019
Ask a Question