eDLT availablity?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, May 22, 2014.

1. fleetz

fleetz

Do tell...have not fired one up yet 17 on the way next month all being well. Better to know of any issues ahead of time. I assume the bugs you refer to have been report to the C-Bus team?

fleetz, Aug 6, 2014
  2. fleetz

bmerrick

Mr Mark et all,

Conformist informed us all in another thread that the two security screws are only for commercial sites to prevent theft. They are not required in the normal residential use as the eDLT is designed to sit snugly on the install plate with its magnets.

Having done a lot of these now, I would not suggest putting the screws in at all for someone's home. There is no need and it makes future firmware upgrades via the USB port much more difficult. It also loosens the plastic covers over the screw holes when it is not necessary.

As for bugs Robbo, there are some in there but all the clients I have put them in for have been nothing but squarely impressed with the outstanding operation of the eDLT, particularly for controlling blinds and dimming (ie up/down on one button) and multi-zone audio in a far more logical way than the DLT. With blinds and dimming, its almost like having 32 buttons, not just 16 groups.

...... and if it takes 12 months more than expected to initially arrive, yes it makes us grumble but it's less than 10% of the time we are likely going to be selling them for, so you can't be too angry that Clipsal want it to be right which is the reason for the hold up.

The bugs are irrelevant, its a huge chunk of engineering excellence in my opinion. Give the guys their dues. ..... and if the stainless ones for my home arrive sooner rather than later, I'll be even happier :p

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    bmerrick, Aug 6, 2014
  3. fleetz

Robbo_VIC

If you have a dimming function and you are on a level other than 0%, the right rocker button doesn't do anything. Time update for the eDLT is not working. When you use a preset widget, and save and close the GUI, when you next open it, your preset level and ramp time have been defaulted. When you have a Timer widget and you change a label of any widget on the unit, the label of that timer widget changes too. I have forwarded all of these to the technical department.

Other than those, I look forward to be able to edit the key functions like you an on any other unit. This would expand the programming possibilities greatly IMO. Also when you are programming group addresses into the GUI, it only takes the first letter you type, unlike all the other input/output units.

Don't get me wrong, visually they are a great unit, and the control of blinds just got much much easier, but it feels like the engineering department is very under resourced...

Robbo_VIC, Aug 7, 2014
  4. fleetz

fleetz

Have no doubt the C-Bus team are on the case. :)

The really nice thing is that fact they are field firmware upgradeable. Had a quick look at the eDLT in Toolkit ahead of receiving the first lot of units and they have a huge amount of functionality. These eDLT's are keypads on steroids!

Hopefully a firmware upgrade will be out soon to resolve the outstanding issues.

fleetz, Aug 7, 2014
  5. fleetz

Damaxx

Well my little saga continues. After getting continual updates of next month, next month, next month... I just got told again.. you guessed it. Next month.
    So over the past two weeks I have been pushing my wholesaler to try and find out if there are ANY colours that are available right now. And finally after at least one phone call a day from my wholesaler to Clipsal, it was discovered that there are two espresso black units available, but no others.

Well two espresso black are on their way. Least I can fill those two holes. Worst thing is, I have another project coming up that requires 5 more ocean mist ones. Wonder if I should just order now..... :confused::confused:

I agree that these units are going to be brilliant and I understand that the hold up is the quality control from Clipsal which I am sure we all appreciate, but a firm date shouldn't be too difficult I would have thought.

Damaxx, Aug 7, 2014
  6. fleetz

jaenschw

I have some spare Ocean Mist edlts if that helps you.

jaenschw, Aug 12, 2014
  7. fleetz

Damaxx

Thanks for the offer. Very much appreciated. If I get the go ahead for the job and it's before Clipsal stocks get sorted out, I will certainly be in touch.

Damaxx, Aug 14, 2014
  8. fleetz

Damaxx

Looks like the supply issue may been resolved. Got my espresso black about a week ago and my mid-brown ones on friday.
    Just want to pass on my thanks to the C-Bus design team. This things are brilliant! These are what I imagined home automation should look like.

Damaxx, Aug 24, 2014
  9. fleetz

fleetz

17 stainless steel eDLT arrived yesterday. Now have the order complete.

Away at the moment back mid next week, looking forward to programming up the eDLTs for the first time. :)

fleetz, Sep 12, 2014
Ask a Question