eDLT and Short Press Toggle with Long Press Start Timer

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by kiwi64ajs, Feb 2, 2014.

1. kiwi64ajs

kiwi64ajs

Hi Guys,

I've just been playing with the eDLT and it's looks pretty good and quite simple to configure.

I also looked through the forum looking for any mention of being able to do the separate Short Press Toggle the group On/Off or Long Press to start a Timer - like I use on my current DLTs, but I could not find any way to do this.

Is there some special mode that lets you edit the key functions separately like on the DTL?

Regards

Alex Shepherd

kiwi64ajs, Feb 2, 2014
  2. kiwi64ajs

chromus

Hi Alex,

There are a number of functions they haven't carried over at this point, this is one.

Vote 1 for reinstate toggletimer :confused:

chromus, Feb 2, 2014
  3. kiwi64ajs

NickD Moderator

On the timer widget, the left button does the toggle, and the right button does the start/retrigger.

It is a little different to the old DLT, but with 2 buttons on every key, everything is a little different :)

Nick

NickD, Feb 4, 2014
  4. kiwi64ajs

kiwi64ajs

Ah ok, well that sounds better.

That was the most significant difference that I would have missed as I have used the toggle/timer capability in a number of places.

I didn't manage to find any real explanation of the different key actions like what does "Dimmer Up / Dimmer Down (Memory Toggle)" actually do? Perhaps a little more in the docs would help to reduce the guesswork... ;)

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    kiwi64ajs, Feb 4, 2014
  5. kiwi64ajs

Robbo_VIC

is there any way to customise the key functions on the eDLT?

Robbo_VIC, Feb 4, 2014
  6. kiwi64ajs

leeandj

"On the timer widget, the left button does the toggle, and the right button does the start/retrigger."

I have added several timers to my eDLTs, and the timer is actually started by the LEFT button! The right button just seems to flash the group. This doesn't seem right, but I can't see any way to alter it.

Any ideas?

leeandj, May 21, 2019
  7. kiwi64ajs

NickD Moderator

The left button is a toggle timer. The right is a retrigger timer.

If the group is off, both will start the timer. If the group is on, the left button will simply turn it off, whereas the right will retrigger the timer (ie start it from it's initial value again).

If you have the Status Type set to "Timer", you should see the timer counting down when it's running.

Nick

NickD, May 23, 2019
Ask a Question