eDLT and scenes issue?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, Oct 18, 2014.

1. fleetz

fleetz

Just wondering is there a known issue with eDLT scenes can not be turned on and off where the identical scenes reside in multiple units.

TK 1.13.2
    All eDLT 1.3.0

It may well be how I am configuring the units?

Basically I have a few identical scenes that I want to reside in 2 or 3 eDLT's. I program the scene name, trigger group and action selector all the same. I set all the loads in and set them to the identical levels and ramp.

I have successfully got identical scenes programmed into some eDLT's and they work fine? I can switch scenes on and off from the respective keypads the indicators tally correctly all is good.

Program up other keypads and some just won't work. I have double and triple (indeed quadrupled) checked the scene label, trigger group label and address and Action Selector and address and all are identical.

When I experience the situations where they don't work together on separate keypads if I disconnected one keypad the scene works fine. The same if I disconnect the working one and reconnect the other one it works fine on just one keypad. Together they will not play nicely. No tally. With both connected either will fire the scene but neither will turn it off.....there is no tally across the keypads. When the scene fires the graphical light on widget on both keypads goes on and then off after a second as does the indicator LED on both on and straight off.

The fact that have a number of identical scenes in some keypads and they work flawlessly on, off and tally correctly led me to believe there may be some known glitch in TK or eDLT. I looked at the release notes for 1.13.3 and I see no issue related to eDLT's so I remain on 1.13.2.

I contacted tech support and unfortunately it was that difficult with the language barrier I gave up. Twice actually the first time the line dropped (probably my VOIP) I rang back and spoke to another tech support, both I really struggled with language. I managed to get a response to "is there any known issue with scenes in eDLT's" question from both I spoke to.....one said no the other said yes.??

Spent another half day on trying to resolve the on/off identical scenes from different eDLT's. It maybe how I am configuring the scenes? I have tried remote trigger of the scenes and no joy there either.

If all did the same thing then I would not be confused as I am at the moment. Why some will work flawlessly and the others won't is doing my head in. :eek:

Regards,

Fleetz

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    fleetz, Oct 18, 2014
  2. fleetz

fleetz

OK sussed it...thought I would have just one more look at the troublesome scene. It is a gotcha.

I checked that I had set the scenes identically in both keypads. I have various loads set to certain percentages. Both show the identical percentages so I ticked that off. I then then realised that there is also a 0-255 level associated with each load that you put into a scene just to left of the percentage.

So for any given percentage there are a few different levels associated with a fixed percentage.

Both scenes loads were set to 25% however one keypad had level to 62 and the other to 63. I then reset both to the identical levels for all loads in both keypads and now they work as expected. Either can turn the scene on or off and the indicators now tally correctly.

I suspect I set the first keypad load levels using the slider and the other I typed in a percentage. I can repeat getting different level values for the same shown percentage........there is the gotcha. It was staring me in the eyes but because I was just working off percentage I kept saying that was OK.

Yes it is always the operator guilty as charged, I do however wonder why in scene manager there is the need for both level and percentage especially when the two disassociate for the same level with different values and can cause the grief it does if your one level value out and the percentage levels are the same.

So happy now have all the scenes behaving as expected. I must have just been luck with the other scenes that just worked, I must have just typed the percentages in and not use a combination of slider in one and typing a value in the other.

All a learning experience.....:rolleyes:

Regards,

Fleetz

PS Also was told by one of the tech support when I asked about remote scene triggering with eDLT's it is not possible. This would feature would be useful...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    fleetz, Oct 18, 2014
Ask a Question