eDLT + 360 sensor - Control same group

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by danveedan, Jan 30, 2019.

1. danveedan

danveedan

Hi all,

Not exactly a cbus guru, and struggling to get on top of a programming issue

Have a eDLT in my garage, with a 360 sensor

Would like the ability to turn on the garage lights via the eDLT and have them stay on until I turn them off.

At the moment they turn off after whatever time the 360 multi sensor is programmed to. I can turn the lights on via the eDLT, but they turn off after the sensor times out. (switch and sensor are close to each other)

Basically want the ability to turn the lights on from the eDLT and for them to stay on while im putting the bins out, vacuuming the car etc etc

Have achieved this in other areas, only difference being the switch is a zen switch plate - created separate group and set it up via the 'groups' tab.

Yes im a qualified sparky.

Yes this is my house,

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers dan

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    danveedan, Jan 30, 2019
  2. danveedan

Ashley

Use the logic function in the output unit. Create separate ga's for the switch and the sensor. In the logic tab add the second ga and select max as the logic function. Now either ga will keep the light on.

Ashley, Jan 30, 2019
    Dave_F likes this.
  3. danveedan

danveedan

What would be the easiest way to have a sensor 'master off' switch for this group?

Would like the ability to turn the sensor off as such... For example when I take the bins out at night etc, don't want everyone looking at me as im doing so (I live at a T junction and there seems like theres always someone gawking at me...

Id like to hide under the cover of darkness if possible haha :)

danveedan, Mar 27, 2019
  4. danveedan

Ashley

Do the same thing in the logic tab but select MIN instead of MAX. Then if your master switch is off, the group will be off irrespective of the sensor. If you wanted you could make the master group a timer that sets the group off for a certain amount of time.

Ashley, Mar 27, 2019
  5. danveedan

danveedan

Thanks ash,

When you refer to MIN/MAX, what exactly are you referring to? The logic group recovery section right of the logic 'assignments' section?

FYI the output unit I am using is a 12 ch relay

Cheers, dan

danveedan, Mar 28, 2019
  6. danveedan

Ashley

Create a separate ga for the disable switch and assign to the switch as on/off (or timer). Open the ouput unit and select the logic tab.. Select this ga in the first column of the logic selection. On the top line under logic groups select the switch ga, then tick the channel assigned to the light, and select MIN below it. Now the output will be the minimum of the 2 ga's. So if the switch is on, the sensor will control the light as usual. If the switch is off, the light will be off.

Ashley, Mar 28, 2019
  7. danveedan

danveedan

Hey, sorry have been away for work for ages and still haven't got this resolved

Im still a bit confused when you say 'select min below it' - yes ive ticked the corresponding channel to the light, just no 'min' option as you say?

Have channels 1-12 tick boxes left to right, drop down menu under logic groups next to that which allows me to select a GA, then next to that have the logic recovery section? Is that what you are talking about?

Have created a group lableled switch override, and selected it in the edlt as a on/off function, but haven't had much luck getting anything to work.

What do I select in the sensor config page? What goes in the 'Virtual key 1 group'? Ive created a GA called 'sensor override', put it as that? Function option set to on/off?

danveedan, Sep 16, 2019
  8. danveedan

Ashley

Sorry. Assumed you had a dimmer. The relay has AND and OR functions. The AND functions will turn the output on if BOTH the channel GA and Logic group GA is ON. The OR function will turn the channel on if EITHER the channel GA or Logic Group GA is ON.

In your case you want to disable the light so select the AND function. In the logic group drop down select the newly created GA you assigned to the switch. Now when the switch is OFF, the output will always be OFF. When the switch is ON, the output will be controlled by the sensor.

Ashley, Sep 16, 2019
  9. danveedan

jboer

In terms of having a 'Master' another option is to use the disable function of the sensor.

For example in our WIR we have a 360 PIR and when I am leaving early in the morning I dont want it to turn on and wake the wife, so on a button I have a GA that is attached to the Disable function of the sensor set to the 'Disable when on' setting. I then have the button on a 5 min timer so I can hit it, grab my clothes and walk out and it will reset itself. That way when the wife gets up it works as normal!

However using the logic tab in the relay will also work, its just another option, I just have a selection of different output units around the house and prefer to not use the inbuilt logic to keep a workflow of sorts. (DMX gateways, old C-Bus1 Relays ect)

jboer, Sep 16, 2019
  10. danveedan

Ashley

The problem I find with the disable function is that if the sensor is currently triggered, disabling it won't turn the ga off. If you have no other switch controlling the ga, it will then stay on until you re-enable the sensor, trigger it, then wait for it to time out. You end up having to write logic so when you disable the sensor it turns off the ga.

Ashley, Sep 16, 2019
  11. danveedan

jboer

That is true, guess it depends on the usage, for the OP he does kinda want both from the way I read it, a way to keep the light on and override the sensor and a way to keep it off.

I have done similar fixes using virtual buttons so I can disable the sensor and then either have it default to on or off.

jboer, Sep 16, 2019
  12. danveedan

Wonkey

If jboer’s comment is correct whereby you wish to have 3 different outcomes depending on the switch position
    Light locked on
    Light locked OFF
    Light in Auto mode

Then consider using 3 scenes within the eDLT and using the scene feature and select scene cycle

Create 3 group addresses
    For example:

Override (to be applied into the Logic tab of the relay and select OR logic)
    PIR Enable (to be applied into the 360 PIR sensor/enable tab and click the enable radio button)
    Garage Light in the 360 PIR which you have probably done already

eDLT Scenes

Scene 1 Label as AUTO
    Override GA set to off
    PIR Enable group set to ON
    Garage light set to off

Scene 2 Label as Light OFF
    Override GA set to off
    PIR Enable group set to off
    Garage light set to off

Scene 3 Label as Light ON
    Overide GA set to ON
    PIR Enable group set ON
    Garage light set to off

Select scene cycle radio button and add the scenes into the scene cycle list.

What should happen is you cycle through the three scenes and the label changes and hopefully have the desired outcome.

You may find that when you select Auto your light comes on because the sensor has detected you.
    If you need more info just ask the forum somebody normally answers

Colin

Wonkey, Sep 17, 2019
    jboer likes this.
Ask a Question