eDLT + 360 sensor - Control same group

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by danveedan, Jan 30, 2019.

1. danveedan

danveedan

Hi all,

Not exactly a cbus guru, and struggling to get on top of a programming issue

Have a eDLT in my garage, with a 360 sensor

Would like the ability to turn on the garage lights via the eDLT and have them stay on until I turn them off.

At the moment they turn off after whatever time the 360 multi sensor is programmed to. I can turn the lights on via the eDLT, but they turn off after the sensor times out. (switch and sensor are close to each other)

Basically want the ability to turn the lights on from the eDLT and for them to stay on while im putting the bins out, vacuuming the car etc etc

Have achieved this in other areas, only difference being the switch is a zen switch plate - created separate group and set it up via the 'groups' tab.

Yes im a qualified sparky.

Yes this is my house,

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers dan

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    danveedan, Jan 30, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. danveedan

Ashley

Use the logic function in the output unit. Create separate ga's for the switch and the sensor. In the logic tab add the second ga and select max as the logic function. Now either ga will keep the light on.

Ashley, Jan 30, 2019
    Dave_F likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. danveedan

danveedan

What would be the easiest way to have a sensor 'master off' switch for this group?

Would like the ability to turn the sensor off as such... For example when I take the bins out at night etc, don't want everyone looking at me as im doing so (I live at a T junction and there seems like theres always someone gawking at me...

Id like to hide under the cover of darkness if possible haha :)

danveedan, Mar 27, 2019
  4. danveedan

Ashley

Do the same thing in the logic tab but select MIN instead of MAX. Then if your master switch is off, the group will be off irrespective of the sensor. If you wanted you could make the master group a timer that sets the group off for a certain amount of time.

Ashley, Mar 27, 2019
  5. danveedan

danveedan

Thanks ash,

When you refer to MIN/MAX, what exactly are you referring to? The logic group recovery section right of the logic 'assignments' section?

FYI the output unit I am using is a 12 ch relay

Cheers, dan

danveedan, Mar 28, 2019
  6. danveedan

Ashley

Create a separate ga for the disable switch and assign to the switch as on/off (or timer). Open the ouput unit and select the logic tab.. Select this ga in the first column of the logic selection. On the top line under logic groups select the switch ga, then tick the channel assigned to the light, and select MIN below it. Now the output will be the minimum of the 2 ga's. So if the switch is on, the sensor will control the light as usual. If the switch is off, the light will be off.

Ashley, Mar 28, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question