Edit Logic Button on CTC

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by magic8, Mar 11, 2016.

1. magic8

magic8

There is an option in PICED to create an Edit Logic button on the tools page. This would be very useful rather than reload a new project every time you need to edit the logic. However in real life on the CTC pressing the Edit Logic button does bring up the Edit Logic page but there appears no way to change the logic. You can highlight the item you wish to change but I cannot get the keyboard on the screen to change the highlighted item.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to do this
    Many Thanks

magic8, Mar 11, 2016
  2. magic8

Ashley

The CTC doesn't have an on screen keyboard. You can plug in an external keyboard though if you are that keen. Not really sure if it would then allow you to edit the logic though.

I guess if you were even keener you could copy the windows XP on-screen keyboard (osk.exe in windows32) across to the CTC cf card and see if it works.

Only recommended if your touch screen is out of warranty though and you have a backup CF card.

Ashley, Mar 11, 2016
  3. magic8

magic8

I believe the CTC does have a keyboard when using other functions ie adding/editing schedules on the screen
    Is it not possible to allow access to this keypad to allow editing logic during a PICED upgrade.

Thanks

magic8, Mar 11, 2016
  4. magic8

Ashley

Yes, you're right. I forgot about the scene editing capabilities because the keyboard is a bit fussy where it pops up.

This issue has been discussed in a previous thread somewhere. I recall there was no satisfactory outcome :(

Ashley, Mar 11, 2016
  5. magic8

magic8

I have had numerous requests from clients that I have installed CTCs to be able to do simple logic editing.
    We use logic extensively now to limit fan speeds, lighting levels etc and to allow the client to say change that figure would be a useful tool.
    I am sure it would not be difficult to add this option to the PICED program when the next upgrade comes out.
    As this has been requested by installers and clients is there anyway we can take this further and see if it is possible.
    Thanks

magic8, Mar 12, 2016
  6. magic8

Roosta

Magic8, an alternate solution would be to give the client a page where they can modify the value that the logic engine uses as a reference..

Ie have a slider where they can select the minimum brightness value. A clock which they can adjust the time period that something happens for. Etc

I have implemented this multiple times where required in projects..

I personally would not want a client in the logic engine on a 6" screen trying to make changes.. Good chance it would end in disaster and a call out anyways..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
    Roosta, Mar 12, 2016
  7. magic8

Roosta

Ps this is the wrong place to request feature upgrades etc.. Best to submit via your rep to clipsal.. And i wish you the best of luck on that one.............

Roosta, Mar 12, 2016
  8. magic8

Ashley

I have to agree with Roosta on this one. Much better to provide a client specific screen where they can change only certain predefined behaviors. Image the mess if they could just edit the logic wholesale.

Ashley, Mar 12, 2016
  9. magic8

magic8

Thanks for replies
    Still feels like it should be an option though, after all they went to all that trouble to give you the option of an edit logic button which pops up easily on the CTC but you just cant change anything. Also if you didn't want to give them access to the logic just don't put the button on the tools page!!!!!
    I agree don't think it will get changed
    Thanks again

magic8, Mar 16, 2016
  10. magic8

jboer

Hey, I need to jog my memory, but there is a way to get an onscreen keyboard and to edit logic. I have done it before, I will try and have a look and get back to you.

jboer, Mar 16, 2016
  11. magic8

magic8

Thanks
    That would be great

magic8, Mar 16, 2016
  12. magic8

jboer

Hey, I had a look at this last night and if I was able to do it I can't work it out now. I would possibly say I wasn't and was confused with something else. I did try to do the whole loading of OSK but it didn't really work. You could possibly play around with it more and get the one that CE uses and see if that runs on it. But that is more of an inbuilt service I think.

However you have a couple of options, the first being what Rooster suggests above, I still think that is your best option. Keeps it nice and clean. The other is to buy one of the logitech wireless keyboards, leave the USB dongle plugged in and when you need to adjust the logic just use that. (CTC3 only mind you, the CTC2 needs to be PS/2) It will at least give you a decent keyboard rather than having to try and do lots of writing on a little screen board. Something like the K400 should work well for something like that.

jboer, Mar 30, 2016
Ask a Question