E-DLT Loosing Date and Time

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by CBUSystem, Apr 8, 2024.

1. CBUSystem

CBUSystem

Hi,

I have a selection of EDLT’s on a network and after an indeterminate period of time the Time and Date displayed on them reverts to a random/Factory level date and time.

It is about 4 days with the date and time set correctly then the date and time reverts to a random date and time.

The network is comprised of input EDLTS and then Relay, Dimmer and Shutter outputs.

Would there be a reason that the time / date would fall off track for no reason?

I have no module that produces or maintains an NTP source, but I would have thought that setting the time in the tools menu would have sufficed.

However I could be wrong.

Thanks,

CBUSystem, Apr 8, 2024
  2. CBUSystem

Wonkey

The most obvious reason would be loss of power on the C-Bus network,

Wonkey, Apr 9, 2024
  3. CBUSystem

CBUSystem

Yes no obvious Loss of power as other devices and lighting was unaffected but monitoring it for future occurrences. Cheers.

CBUSystem, Apr 14, 2024
  4. CBUSystem

Wonkey

A short power interruption would cause this, C-Bus would return to its previous state, unless programmed to do otherwise.
    You could program a spare channel to return to ON after power failure.

Wonkey, Apr 15, 2024
  5. CBUSystem

oracle

connect up to it with your PC and run run cbus diagnostic utility capture the logs to help identify the issue. but as above? if you have no device - like touchscreen, paca, Shac, wiser etc. they would typically send a clock and timekeeping signal intermittantly to keep these things in check.

oracle, Apr 18, 2024
Ask a Question