Dual Somfy+CBus blinds control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by oceana67, Dec 13, 2014.

1. oceana67

oceana67

Currently in the middle of an apartment renovation and seeking clarity on the blinds.

We are installing CBus to run the (mostly LED) lighting including iPad operation (rather than touchscreen) but want to have the blinds running on Nice motors with somfy wireless remote but ALSO want to have them operable via CBus wall switches.

Is this possible?

Or is it better to keep the blinds separate and just have an 'all down' switch at the front door?

Or run all through CBus and get a CBus remote control?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
    oceana67, Dec 13, 2014
  2. oceana67

rikaussie

I would have thought the best way is to connect them to C-Bus using shutter relays.

You would then be able to operate them via wall switches and your iPad/iPhone app, so no need for a separate remote control!

rikaussie, Dec 14, 2014
  3. oceana67

Bettsy

what I have always done is wired from and 8 channel ELV relay to a Somfy RTS transmitter, it uses two channels for each transmitter, (Up,Down,Stop) this way the clients can use either a somfy remote or the cbus system. However if were up to me I would always prefer to run them off a shutter relay and do away with the remotes. it has proven to be much more reliable.

Bettsy, Feb 3, 2015
  4. oceana67

grssll

Somfy Animeo with cbus lvr relay.

grssll, Feb 4, 2015
  5. oceana67

71monaro

How does an Animeo + ELV compare in price with multiple Shutter Controlers in domestic application?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    71monaro, Feb 4, 2015
Ask a Question