Dual C-touch Panels

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Jason Conis, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Jason Conis

Jason Conis

I have a dwelling with a c-touch panel on each of the top two floors of the house. One is set to master and one is set to slave. What does that actually mean in operation?

Most operations are fine when getting and setting from the network since both panels are responding to the same data. However, when human interaction on system variables occurs, the transmission on the network doesn't happen. What are some ways/ methods of keeping the two panels displaying and doing the same thing?

Specifically, I have PIR disable buttons that dis/enable common use area PIRs when their logic routines are inappropriate eg sleepover in gamesroom (more complex than a dis/enable group on the PIR unit). It is a simple IF statement that skips some actions (scene setting etc) if the system IO is set. Can I access system IO variables on one panel from the other? I would like to both synchronise the display of these system IO eg active/inactive indicators as well as affect the logic routine from either panel.

There are three questions above, any ideas, education, clarifications, summations or even donations are most welcome!

Jason Conis, Nov 25, 2010
  2. Jason Conis

Darren Senior Member

These are all good questions. This is something we are working on to improve at the moment.

The slave unit does everything that the master does, except for sending C-Bus commands onto C-Bus from:
    - Schedules
    - Scenes activated by a trigger on C-Bus
    - Logic

This prevents two lots of C-Bus commands from being sent.

System IO variables do not get transmitted onto C-Bus. They only apply to the local unit. If you want to synchronise data between units, use a C-Bus group.

Is there any reason you can't use an Enable group instead of a user system IO variable?

Darren, Nov 25, 2010
Ask a Question