Dual application support for wired Neo's?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BradJ, Mar 29, 2006.

1. BradJ

BradJ

Hi all,

I have wired Neo's in my home. I would really love the dual application support being introduced into CBUS Key Input units. Is it available for Wired Neo's, and if so, how can I get the feature into my existing Neo's?

Thanks,
    Brad.

BradJ, Mar 29, 2006
  2. BradJ

Don

Check the firmware version of your NEO. If it is 1.6.00 or later, you can play with 2 applications

Don

Don, Mar 29, 2006
  3. BradJ

BradJ

Don,

It's around 1.4 (they're over 2 years old) so I know they don't. So it sounds like you have answered the first question, which is that it is available, but how do I get it into my existing Neo's?

I've seen in another thread that a firmware update can not be performed, but I don't know if that is still the case.

I'm really hoping I can get this feature without too much pain.

Regards,
    Brad.

BradJ, Mar 29, 2006
  4. BradJ

Duncan

Hi Brad,

Nothing has changed :( Had you considered a PAC (Pascal Automation Controller) for your home? This wuold allow you do a lot of really nifty things with your existing Neo's.

Duncan, Mar 29, 2006
  5. BradJ

Don

I'm interested in what use you have for the second application?

Remember that all NEOs (including V 1.4.00+) support the trigger application when set up with scene keys. Unless you are triggering scenes in another unit and want one-key on / off scene control, I can't think of a really good application.

If you have a good application, we should know about it so that it can be well supported (if that's possible). It may be possible that you can do what you want with the NEO you have, but under a different name.

Don

Don, Mar 29, 2006
  6. BradJ

BradJ

Oh... maybe I can do what I want.

I want to be able to set a Trigger group to a particular action level to cause my NIRT to transmit an IR code.

Is that possible?

BradJ, Mar 29, 2006
  7. BradJ

Mark

Remote Triggering

Hi BradJ,
    As Don said, you can do this by creating a Scene Key, assigning it the Trigger Group and Action Selector used by the NIRT and ensuring the Scene it is controlling is empty.
    When you press the button, the Trigger Group and Action Selector will be transmitted (triggering the NIRT), but no Lighting commands will be sent as the scene is empty.
    Good Luck!
    Mark.

Mark, Mar 29, 2006
  8. BradJ

Newman

Just to clarify, firmware updates are not possible in C-Bus switches.

Neo's, Saturn's and Reflection's manufactured after about November 2005 should have firmware 1.6.00 and support Dual Applications.

Newman, Mar 30, 2006
  9. BradJ

BradJ

Thanks all, that works well.

A couple of questions:

I would love to have 2 trigger commands per key (e.g. short press / long press) - can I do that or would the dual application support let me do that?

Is there a way to have the Key LED turn off, it seems to stay on once the key is pressed.

Thanks again.

BradJ, Mar 31, 2006
  10. BradJ

Mark

Trigger Control

Hi,

Pleased to hear it!

To get 2 triggers per key you will need to have the unit assigned to the Trigger Control Application. Dual Application support will be perfect for this.

The easiest way would probably be to disable the key's indicator altogether using toolkit.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 3, 2006
Ask a Question