DSI Gateway - What happens on power loss?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Wilko, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Wilko

Wilko

I'm about to install a DSI unit for the first time. I was just wondering what happens to the light levels if the 240v to the DSI section of the unit is lost - I assume the light levels will either go to 100% or 0%.

Wilko, Sep 3, 2004
  2. Wilko

Wilko

Just being a bit cheeky and posting a reply to my own thread to get it back on the front page! Surely someone has an answer to this one.. It will be easy enough to find out when I install them, but I'd prefer to know beforehand and not do the experiment on site with a customer present.

Wilko, Sep 13, 2004
  3. Wilko

Newman

Peter, my understanding is that it depends upon the type of DSI ballast you have. Some ballasts keep their loads at the same level if the DSI signal is lost, others turn their loads off.

Newman, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Wilko

Phil.H

Peter,

Have a contact at Tridonic. Will ask the question and get back to you. It is a good question, I am 90% sure what the answer is but will make sure before I put pen to paper (as it were)...

Phil.H, Sep 13, 2004
Ask a Question