DSI Gateway Issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by pcwrecker, Dec 10, 2010.

1. pcwrecker

pcwrecker

Hi all, I'm having issues with a DSI gateway. With only a C-Bus power supply and no 240v connected, it can be accessed and programmed via toolkit. As soon as 240v is turned back on, toolkit won't scan the network (only 2 switches and the DSI Gateway) at all. As this is the first DSI unit I've looked I was wondering if I've missed something ?

Thanks

Rick

pcwrecker, Dec 10, 2010
  2. pcwrecker

Newman

Trying to interpret your explanation... but it sounds like you're changing your network configuration between the with/without 240V power states. Is that correct?

If your network is "only 2 switches and the DSI Gateway" then how is it possible that you are scanning the network?

Is your DSI unit a P or 'non-P' unit?

Newman, Dec 11, 2010
  3. pcwrecker

pcwrecker

Hi Newman, I'm usuing a USB interface and stand alone power supply to scan / program the network. The 240v is turned on/off via the circuit breaker the sparky installed. The unit is a non P model.

pcwrecker, Dec 12, 2010
  4. pcwrecker

Newman

Please confirm or correct any of the information below that is wrong, as I'm making some assumptions here.

So, your network consists of:

• An L5508DSI gateway (non-P)
    • 2 C-Bus switches of some sort
    • A USB PC Interface
    • A C-Bus Stand-Alone Power Supply
    You have one circuit breaker for the power on the DSI Gateway and a separate circuit breaker for the power to the Stand Alone Power Supply?

When the circuit breaker connected to the Stand Alone Power Supply is on, but the circuit breaker connected to the DSI Gateway is off, you can successfully scan and program the network. When the circuit breaker for the DSI Gateway is turned on, you can no longer scan the network?

If the above is true then I would check the wiring of the DSI Gateway to make sure that there is 240V power to both the power-supply end and the DSI end of the unit. There are 2 connections for power on these units.

When you turn on the circuit breaker for the DSI Gateway the Unit and C-Bus LEDs on the DSI Gateway should turn on. Does this happen?

Newman, Dec 12, 2010
  5. pcwrecker

pcwrecker

Your network description was correct, the standalone power supply is not permantetly connected, it was only used as a troubleshooting tool. It is connected to a separate circuit via a flex and lead.

There is 240v at both connections and both lights turn on when the circuit breaker is switchd on.

pcwrecker, Dec 12, 2010
  6. pcwrecker

Newman

Is the network burden turned on in the USB PC Interface or DSI Gateway?

If you don't know how to do this then in the box that came with the PC Interface there should be an 8P8C (RJ-45) connector with some pink heatshrink on it. Try plugging it into your network.

If this doesn't work then it sounds like your unit may have a hardware fault and need to be replaced.

Newman, Dec 13, 2010
  7. pcwrecker

pcwrecker

I have tried both enabling the network burden and also using the physical one with no luck. The supplier has another unit on the way for us to try so I'll see how that goes. Thanks Newman for your tips and advice

pcwrecker, Dec 13, 2010
  8. pcwrecker

pcwrecker

Replacement DALI gateway was installed last night and all is now working

pcwrecker, Dec 14, 2010
Ask a Question