Dry contacts from Infrascan 750WPR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fleetz, Mar 29, 2007.

1. fleetz

fleetz

I want to use a couple of Infrascan outdoor sensors in my installation whilst I will have C-Bus gear I want to get the trigger out into a Ness M1 controller can I get an isolated dry relay contact from a 750WPR??

Cheers,

Fleetz

fleetz, Mar 29, 2007
  2. fleetz

UncleSam

You need to drive a relay or contactor

Only if you drive a relay or contactor with a 240V coil and then connect the Volt Free (AKA Dry) Normally Open contacts of that relay or contactor to a C-bus BusCoupler or AUX input channel or direct to the Security Panel.

Also depending on the model of Infrascan you are using, even if it has a relay contact, it may be a 'two wire' device - which means it is sensative to the minimum load that is connected to it as it dribbles a bit of current through the load even in the off state to keep the electronics working (if your WPR has a Nuetral terminal it is 'three wire and there is no minimum load requirement).

Why this issue is important to you is that it will dictate what specific relay or contactor will work as a suitable load.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
    UncleSam, Mar 29, 2007
  3. fleetz

fleetz

Thanks UncleSam

Cheers,

Fleetz

fleetz, Mar 29, 2007
  4. fleetz

znelbok

If you have a channel spare on a relay you can use this and a C-bus PIR.

I assume you are waiting for the V2 of the C-bus interface for the M1 and this is a temp workaround.

This should give you the best flexibility for the future

Mick

znelbok, Mar 30, 2007
  5. fleetz

fleetz

Hi Mick,

Yep waiting for V2. I am thinking now perhaps using a 5750WPL C-Bus PIR. I wanted to feed into the M1 some outdoors sensors so I can do stuff not just switch lights on. Thinking about it with V2 having the ability to confirm C-Bus status I would be able to right a rule that enabled whenever light xx is on, then do something.

Only thing I would have liked is the ability to log the outdoor sensor movements via M1 which I won't be able to do if I go down the 5750WPL path. I realise that I can burn a C-Bus relay to do what I am wanting to do but don't want to mix 240V and M1 inputs in the same can.

I hope the V2 comes out soon it seem to keep slipping.

Cheers,

Fleetz

fleetz, Apr 1, 2007
Ask a Question