Download (upload) from C-touch to PC ?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JohnC, Apr 19, 2005.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi there !

A client has lost his C-touch *.xml file, and we only have a previous version which is quite a bit different in screen layout and commands.

How can he (we) suck the config data out of the C-touch back down to the PC, so we can work with it and change one small setting (rather than starting again) ?

In "C-touch speak" I guess we want to "UP-load" from the screen :)

Please help !

Thanks in advance, John

JohnC, Apr 19, 2005
  2. JohnC

Nobes

Suck out the STUFF

From my experience this is not possible I am afraid, You can get limited info from the screen but not on the scale you are after
    I could be wrong....
    Perhaps this is something for newer versions, CIS????

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2005
    Nobes, Apr 19, 2005
  3. JohnC

Nick Mullins

Ctouch upload

Ive havnt done it but ive heard you can up load a existing ctouch project from the touch screen to the Pc Using new Builds of ctouch.Buti think you have to update the firmware in the old touch screen to new firm ware. I wouldnt try it without talking to the help desk . better to be safe and ask the questions rather than sorry and be stuck with more prolbems on site that you yourself have created.but thats only my $1.50 worth :)

Nick Mullins, Apr 19, 2005
  4. JohnC

Darren Senior Member

The new PICED software (http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954) does allow you to upload a C-Touch project. It doesn't do a perfect job, but it is a lot better than starting again from scratch.

You will need to use the latest firmware version in your C-Touch when you download to the C-Touch.

Darren, Apr 20, 2005
  5. JohnC

JohnC

LOL - The Helpdesk said that it was impossible to Upload, even with the beta !

JohnC, Apr 21, 2005
Ask a Question