Door bell press and door bells?

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by fleetz, Sep 12, 2014.

1. fleetz

fleetz

Going to integrate a door bell system into the C-Bus/Ness M1 system I am installing in the kids new build.

I can do this a couple of ways either using a bus coupler connected to a suitable bell press switch or can connect directly to a zone input on the M1. Want to be able to control the door bell operation via the automation system. For example kill the door bell whilst babies are napping, fire a scene if door bell is press after dark etc etc. will use a relay on the automation system to control the actual door bell.

Wondering what guys use by way of bell press? The kids have chosen stainless steel keypads (6x Saturn SS and 17 x eDLTs SS) throughout the house and want to have a SS bell press at the front door. Initially thought beauty will use a Saturn SS C-Bus keypad but the smallest is a two button unit....just want one button for the front door bell.

So I am on the hunt for a SS bell press that looks slick. Wondering if any members have headed down this path before?

Also any suggestions on who has a range of door bells....the EW I use have mostly el cheapo and fairly crappy ones. Don't mind spending a few dollars on something decent. Can not find anyone here in Australia that has a decent range of door bells....any suggestions? Wired or wireless either way can make them work.

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, Sep 12, 2014
  2. fleetz

Roosta

Stick with the saturn stuff... 2 ways to go..

Option 1 is put a CBUS 30m mech into the saturn 240v range grid plate and a little spacer, eg of a setup would be 4061VH-HS + 5031NMML-WE + 5031NMSPACER (can buy similar to these from bunnings in smaller pack)
    Advantage to this setup is you only need a CBUS cable, and you get dual LEDs no extra wiring required..
    As a side note I have not used a traditional cbus saturn switch (508#NL) range for a few years now due to the flexibility and cost saving of the cbus 30m into 240v saturn grid option..

Option 2 is get a saturn 240v grid and fit it with a saturn bell press mech, wired up to a bus coupler or your alarm.. 4061VH-HS + 60PBBP (or 60PBBPL for the LED version but it requires 240v for the LED)

Cheers..

Roosta, Sep 13, 2014
  3. fleetz

grssll

http://sporedoorbells.com/true/
    I wired it straight to M1 zone and programmed the rule.
    Plus you have nice led light ring. Looks million bucks.
    Cheers

grssll, Sep 13, 2014
  4. fleetz

fleetz

I used one of these a while back. I can recall it was a PITA to integrated it into the M1. Can not recall the micro detail but the LED and switch were on a pcb. Had to power the switch then set the zone input up to analog input then set the rule for the return voltage variables with and without button press.

Not sure if they have changed the design since.

Are you saying you wired it direct into a M1 zone input and the zone input received the switched input from a press and powered the LED??? Can't see how that could be possible...?

Cheers

fleetz, Sep 13, 2014
  5. fleetz

fleetz

Thanks Roosta,

Option 1 looks interesting. What I am scratching my head with is once you put all three together is the appearance of the 4061VH-HS as it is pictured? That is the button is the Saturn silver?

I can not for the life of me find a photo of the spacer but understand it couples in between the grid and 30M mech....get that....but how then does the LEDs illumination from the 30 mech work effectively through or around the 4061 button?

Pardon the pun but I hope you can throw some light on the subject.:)

I do like the idea of a single C-Bus cable...

Cheers,

Fleetz

fleetz, Sep 13, 2014
  6. fleetz

Roosta

Hi fleetz,

Yes the saturn plate from the front looks the same.. Technically the HS and HB saturn 240v use 'chrome shadow' as the colour for the buttons and powerpoints, where as the PW, OM, EB all use 'arctic silver' for these parts.. ;-)

The 5031NMSPACER is basically a little self adhesive clear spacer, approx 12mm round and 3mm tall..
    Application note can be found here: http://updates.clipsal.com/clipsalonline/Files/Brochures/W0001477.pdf

And a picture of it all together in a ocean mist saturn plate, showing the LED shining through.. Apologies on the crappy quality, its all i have access to at the moment..

[​IMG]

PS using the 30M you can also utilise the architrave plates if you want something a little smaller..

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Roosta, Sep 13, 2014
  7. fleetz

fleetz

Cheers Roosta crystal clear. :)

fleetz, Sep 13, 2014
  8. fleetz

grssll

Just wire it like normal zone fast loop response non alarm.
    Led will be always on off the zone voltage. I've been using it for more than a year outside in the rain without any problems.
    When zone 25 Door bell become non secure then announce ...... then switch light... and so on.
    Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    grssll, Sep 13, 2014
  9. fleetz

fleetz

Cheers grssll....how I would have configured it too. Something must have changed in their design?

fleetz, Sep 13, 2014
Ask a Question