Don`t manage to connect the colour c touch to the Cbus network?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arielis, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Arielis

Arielis

Hello,

I am trying to connect the Colour c touch touchscreen to the C bus network, but all the times the first thing that the touchscreen is looking for is the COM3 but I am not using this port. I am using the ethernet port via the IP gateway. How to configure the port of the touchscreen.

However, I managed to transfer the firmware via IP.

Anyway, I`ve connected a serial cable via the RS232 interface. On the toolkit software it can find the port but the PCI isn`t identify. If I am trying to connect the laptop with the RS232 interface it don`t connect it and write that the PCI didn`t manage to reset.

Any Ideas, please?

Arielis, Jan 16, 2012
  2. Arielis

Newman

The Colour Touchscreen has a built-in C-Bus Interface. There is no need to use either an external PCI or an IP Gateway to connect the touchscreen to C-Bus.

What you need to do is connect your Touchscreen to the physical C-Bus network using the C-Bus port on the back of the unit.

Com3 is the internal designation within the touchscreen for the software connection to the in-built interface. You should have no need to make any changes to this. The external RS-232 port is only for use with the logic engine and it is Com Port 1, not 3.

The Touchscreen cannot use a remote ethernet interface or the RS-232 port for it's C-Bus connection; it must use the in-built interface. The instruction leaflet provided with the product shows how to connect the Touchscreen to the C-Bus network.

Toolkit has very little to do with the Colour Touchscreen (apart from assigning a unit address and clock/burden settings). You should be using the PICED software to configure this unit.

The connection between your laptop and the touchscreen should be via Ethernet, either over a LAN or using the supplied red cross-over cable.

Can I strongly suggest you start by reading the documentation that is supplied with the unit. It goes through all this in some detail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    Newman, Jan 16, 2012
  3. Arielis

Arielis

Sure, I downloaded the PICED software but I can`t use it because there is no connection between the Cbus network and the touchscreen when I am connecting on the Cbus network.

I understand now that the COM3 isn`t the serial port. The reason that I was thinking that the touchscreen is looking on the serial port is the error 14023:
    An error ha occured. Couldn`t connect to the serial port. C-bus interface not found while everything is connected.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Attached Files:

Arielis, Jan 17, 2012
  4. Arielis

DarylMc

So what is it you are trying to do right now.
    Have you created a project in Piced and want to transfer it to the Touch Screen?

DarylMc, Jan 17, 2012
  5. Arielis

DarylMc

Before you put it on the CTC you can run it in Piced to test it out for a while.
    What is your CBus connection to the PC?
    Do you have a CNI?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    DarylMc, Jan 17, 2012
  6. Arielis

Arielis

That I am trying to do is to create a HMI to control a lighting system on CBus. But the touchscreen don`t manage to connect it to the Cbus network.
    I can create the software on the PICED software and transfer my project to the touchscreen, but the C-bus connection don`t seem want to connect. Exactly, on the touchscreen I can see the icon below.

Attached Files:

• icon.bmp
      File size:
      614.6 KB
      Views:
    Arielis, Jan 17, 2012
  7. Arielis

Arielis

The CTC is connected on the same network than my laptop and the CNI(Network Interface).

CTC: 192.168.10.160
    Laptop: 192.168.10.164
    CNI: 192.168.10.168

and the CTC is connected via a RJ45 to the Cbus network.
    Usually, I have no problem with the toolkit to scan the devices on the Cbus network.

Arielis, Jan 17, 2012
  8. Arielis

Newman

When you scan your C-Bus network with Toolkit can you see the Colour Touchscreen in the list of units?
    Have you successfully transferred a project to the Touchscreen with PICED?

Newman, Jan 17, 2012
  9. Arielis

Arielis

Yes, I transfered successfully over IP the project to the touchscreen with PICED. On the toolkit, I don`t see the touchscreen.

Regards,

Arielis, Jan 18, 2012
  10. Arielis

Newman

This means that your Touchscreen is not correctly wired to the C-Bus network. This is the area where your problem lies. Check that there is C-Bus power at the C-Bus connector where it plugs into the touchscreen. Also re-check that you're correctly wired the 8P8C (RJ-45) connector to the pink C-Bus cable by comparing the pin-outs to one of the pre-made patch leads.

Newman, Jan 18, 2012
  11. Arielis

Arielis

C-Bus power at the C-Bus connector where it plugs into the touchscreen.

I`ve one power supply for the touchscreen the 5000CTCPS/2 but what is the C-bus power, may be you mean "enough power supply for the touch screen on the C-bus system"

Arielis, Jan 19, 2012
  12. Arielis

DarylMc

Since you can't find the CTC when you scan with toolkit
    Newman was suggesting that you check for CBus voltage at the RJ45 plug which is plugged into the back of the CTC (around 30VDC to the pins as indicated on the attached PDF).
    He was also suggesting to check the wiring of the RJ45 on the pink CBus lead.
    Also check that your Pink CBus RJ45 is plugged into the correct socket and not an ethernet port.
    Once you are sure the CTC is wired correctly to the pink CBus cable and the rest of the CBus network then go to your PC and open up CBus Toolkit.
    Scan the network and look for the CTC which will need to be transfered to your Toolkit project.
    Toolkit should assign a unit address to the CTC and correct any duplicate unit address.
    Click OK to save to unit and database then close Toolkit.
    Go and reboot the CTC by power cycling it and wait several minutes for it to scan the network and see then if your "CBus not connected" icon goes away.

Attached Files:

DarylMc, Jan 19, 2012
  13. Arielis

Newman

When looking at the back of the unit, the C-Bus connection is on the top right corner. See page 20 of the installation instructions.

If this connector is not connected correctly to a working C-Bus network, the touchscreen won't be able to connect to C-Bus.

Attached Files:

Newman, Jan 19, 2012
Ask a Question