Documenting a C-Bus installation

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Grahamiwa, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

What is the best way to document a C-Bus installation for future reference?

At the moment I am using a relatively simple form based on one I saw in some old C-Bus literature.
    One form for input units and another for output units

How do you do it?

Grahamiwa, Oct 20, 2011
  2. Grahamiwa

SBL

The forms in the C-Bus literature will do the trick for recording input and output unit data.
    For output units it is good to record what load each output channel is switching, and additional information such as which circuit breaker the output is supplied from.
    It is a good idea if you have a floor plan of your building to record the approximate layout of your network cables, and maybe also show on the plan the location of input units and your switchboard(s).
    You can take screen dumps of your toolkit pages and have a record of group addresses and tag names if you wish.
    The extent of documentation required is proportional to the complexity of your project.
    And of course you will want to save electronic backups of your toolkit files.
    And some simple to understand user instructions.
    It is also generally good practice to include a copy of your C-Bus power calculation sheet.

SBL, Oct 20, 2011
  3. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

SLB

You must be happy with today's All Blacks win I guess

If you want to send me your email address I will send you the doccumentation I have compiled so far

Grahamiwa, Oct 23, 2011
Ask a Question