Dlt's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1JL, Feb 3, 2006.

1. 1JL

1JL

Hello Everyone,

Got a query/question for you all. I've got a job doing a house where all rooms are being controlled by DLT's. The customer wants to be able to control his lights through a remote control.......bit of a problem because DLT's do not have built in IR, so what I propose to do is buy one of the new nevo remotes that has built in Wi-Fi. Hopefully I can then using a CNI integrate this into a wireless router so that any commands sent through the nevo will be sent into the c-bus sysem thus controlling the DLT...........sounds possible.....but is it???

does anyone have any prior experience with controlling lights with a remote and DLT's??? is my theory possible???? is there any recommended ways to achieve this???

Please bear in mind I'm still a c-bus novice and appreciate any input possible.

Thanks in advance,

JL

1JL, Feb 3, 2006
  2. 1JL

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Jl

does anyone have any prior experience with controlling lights with a remote and DLT's??? is my theory possible???? is there any recommended ways to achieve this???

Dont have any DLT,s But i can control my CBUS Lighting using an ir remote control...It requires several pieces of Hardware though....Homevision Automation controller to send / receive ir and my FirM IR Zoning system which reports which zone an ir signal came from...This means i can use the same remote in any room...Iactually use a 6 button remote to turn ON /OFF BRIGHTEN DIM + Bedroom fan ON + OFF

HTH
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Feb 3, 2006
  3. 1JL

darrenblake

IR control

The easiest way to control a C-Bus group address with IR is to use tghe 5034NIRL series IR recievers, with a 5034TX remote.

This will give you up to 4 controllable groups per reciever plate.
    If you require more controlled groups, you can use the NEO switches. I have used these in the past, hidden in A/C grills, speakers and all sorts of places.
    You can then use the 5038TX remote to get control of up to 8 groups.
    If you wish to trigger scenes from within the DLT, simply set up a couple of scene trigger addresses and use these as your addresses for you NEO switch and remote.

darrenblake, Feb 4, 2006
  4. 1JL

Phil.H

Inside the AC

That's a cool way to use a NEO !

Oh, I suppose in winter it will be a warm way to use a NEO :D

Sorry, no useful info in this post, I just couldn't resist :p

PS. Good advice on your part Darren, I'll go now...

Phil.H, Feb 4, 2006
  5. 1JL

Newman

Another option is to install the Multisensor. Even if you don't use the PIR functions it gives a fairly discrete and cost effective IR receiver (i.e. cheaper than a Neo). It allows 8 functions to be controlled including Scenes etc.

Newman, Feb 5, 2006
Ask a Question