DLT's stop communicating

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, May 17, 2011.

1. fleetz

fleetz

This seems a bit of a continuing saga. Over that last few weeks randomly a DLT will stop communicating. The DLT looks fine the display, labels and indicators all function however there in no commands sent. Looking at the log and nothing is sent on the Bus when a DLT key is pressed.

In Toolkit I have just noticed that the "Units On The Network - Summary" the DLT that is not working reports the "Primary Application" is "Unused". The DLT says that the Primary Application is Lighting, so two are out of sync. This is probably the main reason why the DLT is "offline"

All the Groups descriptor instead of reporting the group names against the output groups it reports the correct group number.

Toolkit reports the DLT exists on the network in the Database.

Now if I open the non responsive DLT in Toolkit and simply resend the DLT program data again to the database and the DLT everything syncs back up the Primary Application returns to Lighting and the Group numbers return to the group names.

It has probably happened 8 -10 times in the last couple of weeks, a different DLT each time.

The system has been rock solid for 3 years until I had some DLT stopped working late last year when 3 units died and have only just been repaired and I should get them back on Thursday!

Just remember it has also happened to one Neo 8, LED worked, nothing sent on the Bus resent the program data and off it goes. FYI I have 21 X DLT's, 1 X Saturn and 2 X Neo8 (Legacy of C-Bus training course

Any thoughts? It is driving me nuts, wifey shouting the one in ???room isn't working now. Thinking about showing her how to drive Toolkit.:eek:

Regards,

Fleetz

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    fleetz, May 17, 2011
  2. fleetz

Don

It seems to me that something on your network is sending commands to the unit(s), seemingly at random to erase primary application to $FF.

we should be able to get to the bottom of this.

First, could you give a little more information about your network please?
    1) have you any bridge units connected to the network?
    2) what is the firmware version reported by Toolkit for the DLT units and NEO 8 unit you are having problems with?
    3) apart from C-Bus key units and relay / dimmer units, what else is connected to your network (Especially PC based equipment)?

How do you get the DLT tell you what application it is in, when you aren't using Toolkit?

Don, May 18, 2011
  3. fleetz

fleetz

Hi Don,

No bridge units connected to the network.

The DLT firmware 2.1.00
    Neo8 firmware 1.6.00

I have a Wireless Gateway with one wireless device connected. I have a V3 Ness M1 C-Bus interface, a CNI, 21 DLT's, 3 Neo 8's and a Single Saturn 4.

I am not getting the DLT to tell me what application is it in, I only can verify that when I have Toolkit connected.

I have monitored the C-Bus traffic using the log and I have not seen any erroneous messages on the Bus. Of course it only takes one for it to knock one offline.

The system worked flawlessly for about two years then this issue showed its head.

Let me know if you want any further info.

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, May 19, 2011
Ask a Question