DLT Text - How to handle Unused Buttons?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by JohnC, Nov 2, 2005.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi guys,

So, is there an easy way yet to solve the display (or actually the NON-display) of non-assigned Group Addresses ?

I have been doing some searching and found this old thread which touches on the problem...
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024&highlight=labels

Currently I am assigning a "dummy" GA 254, and setting Indicators to "always off". Then I set the DLT Label for GA 254 to 1xSpace (having nothing as a label won't save)

That leaves me with a "non-functional" button, no text - but I still have a slider bar. So I am turning off Sliders for the whole switch, which is not really what I want.

--------------------------
    So :

a) When can we expect the ability to properly set a Label (or none) for <unused> groups

b) How can we disable a slider on just one Group/Button?

c) It would be very handy (in ALL switches) if the Indicators were set to "off" when a button was set to <unused>.

Note that we are using DLTs because they are able to be labelled - which make usage easier for clients. We are not interested in using every button on some of them, so please don't suggest that the solution is to fill them up with useless GAs :rolleyes:

---------------

On a similar subject, I seem to spend ages dealing with Indicators for some reason... is there some way of setting "global preferences" in Toolkit so that every new instance of devices defaults the same way?

For example, say that I always want my Neo switches to be Blue ON and Orange OFF - can I set that globally so I don't have to change every single Indicator on every switch?

Thanks, John

JohnC, Nov 2, 2005
  2. JohnC

Duncan

This is on our list of things to do, no timeframe yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2005
    Duncan, Nov 2, 2005
  3. JohnC

Newman

Fair Point

If you assign the Group and Key Function both to unused for all keys on a page then that page will be skipped, but there's no way to hide the label and Key Function Indicator (slider) for a single unused key.

Newman, Nov 2, 2005
  4. JohnC

JohnC

I noticed that if you set a Key Assignment to Unused, the slider changes into a different shape (but stays visible).

Therefore, the ability is already there to change the slider-area appearance. All we need is for the bitmap for that odd looking "unused-slider" to be changed to a "nothing-slider", which would effectively hide it.

That should be relatively trivial, shouldn't it ?

JohnC, Nov 3, 2005
  5. JohnC

Mark

DLT Key Function Indicator for Unused Keys

Hi,

I've logged this for consideration next time we do a firmware revision.
    Don't hold your breath tho... :D

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Nov 3, 2005
Ask a Question