DLT Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by merik, Jan 7, 2006.

1. merik

merik

Hi Everyone

I have been playing around with DLTs today and have come up with a few questions. I got them all working fine, changed the text, got some icons happening but here are my questions:

Can I turn on the sliders on a per button basis rather than globally?

The control label in the bottom left which currently reads next, can it be changed? Eg: Page one "Lights" and then Page two "Audio".

Is there any ability to increase the number of pages?

Is there any way (via a PCI) to assign a DLT label?

Thanks

MK

merik, Jan 7, 2006
  2. merik

Phil.H

DLT Programming

Sliders are global :-(

This is fixed in firmware 'at the moment'.

The number of pages is limited by the memory available, every last bit used at the moment. Page numbers 'may' be increased in the future if and when component changes are made.

you mentioned you have "changed the text" so I am not sure what you mean by this question.

Hope this helps.

Will pop into the fourm ever now and again in between study on commercial building control protocols...so fire more questions if you have them.

P.S what sort of C-Bus interface does your touchscreen have ?

Phil.H, Jan 7, 2006
  3. merik

ashleigh Moderator

You can change labels via a PCI if you become a C-Bus Enabled member (see www.cbus-enabled.com).

Membership gives you the protocol documentation and access to driver software. This includes everything you need to set global (group) labels.

Membership is normally available for commercial use, but not for individuals who just want to have a bit of a play. For commercial users, membership is very low cost...

ashleigh, Jan 8, 2006
  4. merik

merik

By "changed the text" I mean via the standard language system within the toolkit. What I want to do is alter the text from my code which talks to the PCI. As has been pointed out it should be specified in the protocol documentation however the version I have does not detail that info. I will call the CBUS Enabled people next week to see if I am missing something.

Thanks for your help, I hope we can get things like the sliders, pages and page labels "fixed" in future releases.

Our touch screen, or to be move specific, the back end server that coordinates our touch screens talks to CBUS and a bunch of other systems like Kramer, Dynalite, Ness M1, Comfort, Pelco, Tutondo etc etc via their native protocols and specifically via either network or serial interface in the case of CBUS.

Again thanks

MK

merik, Jan 8, 2006
Ask a Question