DLT Recall Level

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Josh, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Josh

Josh

I need one of the keys on a DLT Key to preset a GA to a Level. Toolkit only allows me to use Percentages which means I will not be able to set this GA Level 1 or 3 as the conversion from Percent to Level would skip those.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Josh, Jun 8, 2006
  2. Josh

Duncan

Is it a Trigger Group? If so you can select Key Function Trigger 1 which allows selection of an Action Selector (which can be any level between 1 - 255).. If its a lighting group then sorry, no workaround you'd need to ensure you select a level that maps exactly to a percentage on the bit of gear thats reacting to this level being set..

Duncan, Jun 8, 2006
  3. Josh

Josh

It is not a Trigger Group and I have no control on the gear thats reacting to the level being set.

Josh, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Josh

wanricky

I am interested to know when or why do you need HEX level on a light dimming? Stage lighting or Photograhy lighting??

wanricky, Jun 8, 2006
  5. Josh

PSC

Josh,

What are you trying to control?

PSC, Jun 8, 2006
  6. Josh

Josh

Comfort - Arm Command.....

Josh, Jun 9, 2006
  7. Josh

PSC

And let me guess, it requires a 'lighting' command at a set level (not percentage) to trigger a function?

If that is the case Comfort should know better, 'lighting' commands are only expressed in percentages; other applications have the ability to set to non-percentage levels.

It sounds more like a Comfort problem than a Clipsal one.

PSC, Jun 9, 2006
  8. Josh

ashleigh Moderator

Actually, Comfort commands are in accordance with the C-Bus definition for the security application. (Comfort being C-Bus Enabled & all that).

It's a foul-up, for which there is no solution.

ashleigh, Jun 10, 2006
  9. Josh

Josh

Thanks Ashleigh,
    For now I have added an additional GA and my PAC monitors this GA, and if it is on, it set's the security GA (Arm Command) to the correct level, works like a charm.

Not ideal, but it works

Josh, Jun 10, 2006
  10. Josh

Newman

A potential work-around that wouldn't need the PAC would be to make the key a Scene key. On the Scene editor (Toolkit 1.4) there is a check-box called "percentages" that enables the levels in a Scene to be defined as either 0-100% or 0 - 255. The only downside of this would be that the indicator may not track the armed/disarmed state correctly (not sure of the behaviour of the Comfort panel).

Newman, Jun 12, 2006
  11. Josh

Don

Possibility:

One of the lesser-used key functions on C-Bus is "store".

If you set up a key to store a level when pressed, then the current level of the group on the network will be stored for subseqent recall. I usually set up a function like this:

jp = recall 1
    sr = idle
    lp = idle
    lr = store 1

then a second key controlling the same group can be set up as a one-key dimmer (or two keys for better control) temporarily.

press the store key and hold down while adjusting the level with the other key or keys. you can use the diagnostic software to monitor the level as you go

you can set the ramp1 rate to a nice slow ramp to improve control (12 seconds or more)

once the level is established, release the store key

you can test it by pressing the store key witha short press, and the recall function will keep on setting the resulting level.

you should be able to use toolkit to edit the unit to what you want, but don't touch the stored level

I haven't tested this with toolkit, but have used it many times to setup a relall level.

Don

Don, Jun 13, 2006
Ask a Question