DLT lost its time ???

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by yzf250, Feb 6, 2005.

1. yzf250

yzf250

Does anybody know of any issues with the 5gang saturn dlt switches ? I have the box ticked to display the time but it wont. It did when first installed but seems to have lost it. The database also shows the box ticked.
    The Indicator settings are all messed up too. It doesnt do what I tick like stay at 0% till a key is pressed then go to 100% for 15 seconds. Just stays on all the time. FRUSTRATING !!! :mad:

yzf250, Feb 6, 2005
  2. yzf250

Newman

The "show clock" option will only display the time if the unit is told what the current time is. No point displaying the time when you don't know what it should be. You can set the time by either:
    a) The time being broadcast from some other unit (e.g. C-Touch); or
    b) The time is set locally on the unit.

To set the time on the unit you simply hold down the 5th button for 10 seconds and follow the on-screen prompts. Note that when you set the time on one unit all other C-Bus units on the network that are capable of handling time will update their time to match. If you set the time on your C-Touch and all DLT's have "Show Clock" enabled they'll all start displaying that current time. The DLT units do not remember the time after a power-failure however, like your microwave/VCR etc.

The confusing part is that the UI doesn't send out the current time onto the network. Until that happens the time won't be displayed, it's merely enabled.

Regarding the indicators, make sure you're using Toolkit 1.1.4 to start with. The "Key Press Activity" is the section where you define how you want the indicators to behave for up to 15 seconds after the first key press. After the timer expires the unit drops back to it's default indicator brightness, which is defined in the "Screen and Indicator Brightness" section of the UI. I suspect that you have the Indicator Brightness Fixed Level set to 100%.

What I suspect with your setup is that the indicators are being set to 100% when you press a key and after the timer expires the indicators revert to......100%, thus being on all the time.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
    Newman, Feb 6, 2005
  3. yzf250

yzf250

Hmmm.. Still doesnt work!

Clock works now thanks. (Forgot we had a blackout! :( )
    I have the indicator brightness (fixed level) set to 0% but it still only drops back to what looks like 10% after 15 seconds. I also have tried to get the page key indicator to stay on with no luck. Any ideas ?

yzf250, Feb 9, 2005
  4. yzf250

Mark

DLT Indicators & Nightlight

Hi Yzf,

You should be able to get the page key indicator staying on (as a nightlight) and the indicator keys turning off after the Activity Duration expires using the setup shown.

If this doesn't help, could you post a screen shot of your indicators tab to help us out?

Cheers,
    Mark.

Attached Files:

Mark, Feb 9, 2005
  5. yzf250

yzf250

Screen Brightness

Sorry... I meant the actual LCD screen looks like its about 10% brightness. Key indicators are working fine but the screen backlight does not turn off completely. My page setup is the same as yours with the only difference being mine drops back to first page.

yzf250, Feb 13, 2005
  6. yzf250

Mark

Hi yzf,

You are correct, the LCD backlight remains on at a very low level (~1.5%) when the Fixed Level is set to 0%. This has been corrected for future firmware releases.

You should be able to get the backlight to turn off by setting the Fixed Level to follow a group, then selecting a group which you keep at 0%. It's not pretty but should work. Pleae note that you should not use a group which is already used on the DLT in question!

Also, by setting the Fixed Level to 0% (directly or by following a group) you will loose the ability to have the nightlight on, as the brightness for these options is linked to the fixed level.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Feb 13, 2005
  7. yzf250

yzf250

Thanks Mark.
    Any idea on how the screen will cope with backlight on all the time at this low level?

yzf250, Feb 19, 2005
  8. yzf250

Newman

The screen will cope just fine. It's an LCD screen with LED backlighting. The display part of the screen is not affected by the on/off status of the backlighting.

With the LEDs at that low brightness level I calculate that the maximum screen brightness will have reduced to approximately 50% sometime after your funeral. ;)

Newman, Feb 20, 2005
  9. yzf250

yzf250

Keeping up with C-bus products, issues, problems, questions ect.. will lead me to an early grave im sure. Good fun tho. ;) Thanks Mark & Newman. All working fine now.

yzf250, Feb 23, 2005
Ask a Question