DLT labels

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Gavin Nation, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Gavin Nation

Gavin Nation

I may have missed it somewhere, but where do you set the text labels on a DLT switch. I am particularily interesting in changing the label, I want to use the switch to control blinds and I am interested in changing the label from 'open' to 'close'
    Thanks

Gavin Nation, Jan 20, 2005
  2. Gavin Nation

Duncan

There's a tutorial on DLT programming (including labels) here

Hope this helps.

Duncan, Jan 20, 2005
  3. Gavin Nation

yzf250

Labelling Switches

Gavin,
    In the left hand column of toolkit, expand your project then network, applications,lighting then groups. Click on the one that you want to edit then click the edit languages button. When your finished make sure the box to save to network is ticked. For some reason this isnt by default. Worked for me after a lot of failed attempts. I prefer to try everything before reading the tutorials. Makes it frustrating sometimes but you find out a lot of other stuff too.

yzf250, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Gavin Nation

Duncan

Hi yzf,

Could you expand on the problems you had?

Duncan, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Gavin Nation

yzf250

Small Problem

Hi Duncan,
    My only problem was trying to get the labels to appear on the switch. I found that the option to save to network in the path i mentioned was not ticked by default. Just thought it might have been. This may be mentioned in the tutorial (still havent read it) but I like to try to get things working on my own.
    Another little problem is the night light on the page key has stopped working. It was but now it seems to have lost it. It still lights up on page two but not when the switch goes to sleep (15 secs). Unticking it and re ticking it didnt help. Is there any harm in having the switch lcd screen permanently lit to about 10% ? Will this shorten the screen life at all if any ?

yzf250, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Gavin Nation

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Yep, it's in the tutorial :) Search for the first mention of "save labels". Some of the DLT behaviour is a little obscure so you really would benefit from working through the tute. The "Save to Network" option does tick itself to indicate whether a network save will succeed.

daniel, Jan 24, 2005
  7. Gavin Nation

Mark

Nightlight & Backlight

Hi Yzf,
    Just guessing here, but to use the nightlight you will need to set the Indicator and Screen 'Fixed Level'. If this is 0% then the Nightlight will come on at 0%...
    If this doesn't help it might be worth posting a screen shot of your Indicators tab so we can have a look.

The backlight brightness is supplied by LEDs, not the screen itself. Running them at 10% for extended periods should not be a problem.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2005
    Mark, Jan 24, 2005
Ask a Question