DLT label weirdness

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by phcjpp, Apr 1, 2010.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi Guys,

Having some weirdness with DLT labels. The toolkit is showing the 'correct' labels but the DLT not - even after multiple writes from toolkit. I am of course running the most recent of everything.

I use action selectors and define the labels in there (always done it this way). E.g Bright, Medium, Dim then assign a scene to each button with the correct action / label for the scene. Toolkit shows the labels exactly as expected.

On some DLTs though you get DIM DIM DIM coming up for example or DIM MEDIUM DIM. I actually watched one and for a split second it showed the correct labels then it reverted to the wrong ones.

Any ideas what might cause this 'weirdness' - is my way of acheiving this outdated ?

Ta
    Chris

phcjpp, Apr 1, 2010
  2. phcjpp

Mark

Hi,

I just tried labeling 4 scenes on my DLT using Toolkit 1.11.1 and it's working OK for me. Given that it looks correct in Toolkit & the Toolkit boys are off for Easter until Tuesday, all i can recommend is:
    - Try hitting the Clear Labels button in the offending DLTs Toolkit UI. This will flush out the label memory in the DLT and start it fresh.
    - Try the old school labeling method via DLT Labels button from the Network node of the tree view.
    - Try reinstalling.
    - Grab & post a log of the labeling commands using the Diagnostic Utility (http://203.41.170.20/downloads/Diagnostic/CBusDiagnostic_2_0_0_Setup.zip). This will help us confirm the source of the problem.

Good luck!
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 2, 2010
  3. phcjpp

Newman

If you're assigning different labels to multiple buttons controlling the same group, make sure you've got the label variant specified correctly. If you're using Action Selectors, so that each button is setting a scene, check the variant that is specified for them, too.

Newman, Apr 3, 2010
  4. phcjpp

phcjpp

I have 4 scenes in the DLT. Each has exactly the same groups set at different lvls (100%, 60%, 20%,0%). I defined 4 action selectors (Bright, Medium,Dim,Off) under a trigger control for the DLT (say Master Bedroom). I assigned 1 action selector to each scene.

Do I need to use variants in this case ?

Thanks
    Chris

phcjpp, Apr 3, 2010
  5. phcjpp

Newman

Nope, just make sure that each key is assigned to use Variant 1 and all should be fine.

Newman, Apr 3, 2010
  6. phcjpp

QUAYLE

DLT not working

doesnt sent button labelling latest software

QUAYLE, Apr 5, 2010
  7. phcjpp

QUAYLE

fixed fresh install

just installed toolkit on new laptop and all ok

QUAYLE, Apr 5, 2010
Ask a Question