DLT label showing Button 1 or rather Button X

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Josh, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Josh

Josh

I have a 5055DL (firmware 2.0.00) that currently has an issue with a lighting group, it does not matter what I change the label to, tried different variants, it shows Button 1.

I tried moving the GA to a different Key (2) and it shows Button 2 then.

It looks like the issue is related to the group and I am not sure how to resolve this. I tried resetting the unit and it did not make any difference.

Josh, Jan 22, 2024
  2. Josh

Wonkey

Have you tried
    • deleting the GA in tool kit and then adding it again?
    • using a different project to check if its project related
    Older versions of Toolkit occasionally showed 2 identical GA's which caused issues.

Wonkey, Jan 29, 2024
  3. Josh

Josh

Thanks, I tried both (deleting GA and using a different project), that did not resolve the issue.

So the issue is specific to some GA, I then changed their labels from custom font to text, and that resolved the issue. I had to do the same for all other GA so they look the same on the DLT.

So custom font, which worked before seems to be the issue.

Josh, Feb 9, 2024
  4. Josh

NickD Moderator

The "custom font" downloads it as a bitmap, which takes a lot more space... if you've done this a few times it may have filled up the label memory which might be why it doesn't stick. I think there should be a clear labels button in the unit's GUI in Toolkit.. try clearing them using that and re-applying the labels.

NickD, Mar 3, 2024
Ask a Question